Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cancelling my Adobe Cloud account and get charged an early termination fee.

What fuckery is this.

I'm never using Adobe products again.

Comments

• @cyberheater said:
    What fuckery is this.

You most likely have an annual plan of some sort:

The contract is then 12 months and if you want out early they will charge you. Is it less then what you would have to pay till the end of the contract? Then it's kind of O.K I would say, if it's the same it's probably better to keep using it till the regular end.

• Did you read the license agreement and the small pieces of text? Most of the time when you sign up for a yearly subscription you cannot cancel it before the end date without being charged for it. Don't know if that's the case with the Adobe Cloud service, it does count with other services I know.

• Yep, happened to me. It's because you are tied in for a year. Most annoying thing for me was after a year I realised I get it for free in work and I was tied in for another year.

• You can often negotiate through their online chat system, I’m a dab hand at getting reductions out of them, on thirty quid a month at the moment for the full enchilada, though to be honest I so rarely use it I should switch to a monthly next year...

• I have to use CC for work, but for those who aren't tied to it there are some great alternatives:

Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher for Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign

And DaVinci Resolve is a great substitute for Premiere. The built-in Fusion compositor can also sorta substitute for After Effects, and it has a great audio editor built-in with Fairlight.

• edited August 2021

yep - Affinity apps are ace!
    +
    more (solid) alternatives - best I've found:
    ( I had the same issues like you ppl above)

for Illustrator - VectorStyler https://www.vectorstyler.com/
    or a sweet lite vector designer: Amadine https://amadine.com/

for Photoshop - GIMP https://www.gimp.org/

• Another vote for Affinity apps here

• Affinity & DaVinci Resolve are great and much much cheaper alternatives.

• @richardyot said:
    I have to use CC for work, but for those who aren't tied to it there are some great alternatives:

And DaVinci Resolve is a great substitute for Premiere. The built-in Fusion compositor can also sorta substitute for After Effects, and it has a great audio editor built-in with Fairlight.

Premiere is not really popular among pro filmmakers. Many people use it because After Effects anyway. DaVinci is a far better option by any standards, and - if you have a mac - FCPX has also catch up and leaped ahead for a while now, both feature and performance-wise,

• @theconnactic said:

@richardyot said:
    I have to use CC for work, but for those who aren't tied to it there are some great alternatives:

Premiere is not really popular among pro filmmakers. Many people use it because After Effects anyway. DaVinci is a far better option by any standards, and - if you have a mac - FCPX has also catch up and leaped ahead for a while now, both feature and performance-wise,

Yeah I've always preferred DaVinci for colour-grading and look-dev anyway. But Premiere is pretty well entrenched in some industries, such as advertising for example. There's no reason to choose it over Resolve unless you need AE though.

I made a short video that shows off colour-grading in DaVinci as part of the bonus content for one of my books:

• I read some disturbing news that Adobe may aquire the company that produces Affinity, Serif Labs or so.

Not sure if this is true.

It would be horrible :o

• @tja said:
    I read some disturbing news that Adobe may aquire the company that produces Affinity, Serif Labs or so.

cite source?

I remember when they engulfed Freehand. And Macromind Director.

• @u0421793 said:

@tja said:
    I read some disturbing news that Adobe may aquire the company that produces Affinity, Serif Labs or so.

cite source?

I’d like to know if that’s just a rumor too. I’m sure it wouldn’t be good for their products if Adobe did acquire them.

• @u0421793 said:

@tja said:

cite source?

Not sure. It popped up somewhere.
    If I see it again, I will quote!

• @tja said:

Another possibility that could end up being just as bad… if Apple were to acquire them and then let their software die from neglect. Apple has repeatedly let great software die because they held little interest in it. For example: Their Soundtrack audio software was pretty great. And they had a very credible Photoshop challenger (the name of which escapes me at the moment) which they quickly abandoned, disappointing millions of photographers.

• I think it would be pretty hard for either Apple or Adobe to buy Serif in the current political climate, especially since Serif is a British company. One of the things regulators are specifically targeting is the mergers and acquisitions practices of the giant companies.

• Apple Aperture.

• @cyberheater said:
    What fuckery is this.

Yeah, I ran into this with them a few years back with an education license for CC. Complain at them and they may give you a bit of a break. I think we got a few months cost back from the penalty charge.

This type of nonsense is really annoying and makes the subscription model hard to swallow. Personally, I'll never touch an Adobe product again.

• I cancelled my plan like 4 times with no fees, even when it was obvious that im cancelling because they have a discount at the moment and i want to sign in for it. Their way of work is if u dont talk to them and try , then you will pay according to contract. But if you do talk to them, u can give the most stupid excuse and it will work. Im paying at the moment about 28 usd a month.

• And, sad but true, adobe is a must if youre a working designer. Theres no replacements. Serif makes nice stuff, designer on ipad is just great, but still, its impossible without adobe, and also its not that expensive if thats what you do.

• @yonhorizon said:
    I cancelled my plan like 4 times with no fees, even when it was obvious that im cancelling because they have a discount at the moment and i want to sign in for it. Their way of work is if u dont talk to them and try , then you will pay according to contract. But if you do talk to them, u can give the most stupid excuse and it will work. Im paying at the moment about 28 usd a month.

I expect at some point in the future I might have to pay for a month or two to use Adobe software for upcoming projects, which would be better than shelling out more than a thousand dollars for their entire suite I suppose. I detest the entire rentware model.

• If you can still pay through PayPal recurring payments, you can just cancel automatic payments whenever you’re done using.

• This is why I can’t stand any kind of subscription model. It benefits the seller, not the buyer - there’s plenty of literature online extolling the benefits of the subscription model as a sales tactic. I would rather pay for something once, and make my own decision when and if to upgrade.

• @theconnactic said:

@richardyot said:

Are you a pro filmmaker? Why is DaVinci a far better option "by any standards"? How has FCPX leaped ahead? Unsubstantiated and unhelpful hot air.

• @sambo said:
    Affinity & DaVinci Resolve are great and much much cheaper alternatives.

I’m so close to this. For the most part, I have loved the evolution of Adobe software. But, it feels so much like bloatware now. The iOS versions of affinity are a dream. I don’t have them on the desktop version yet.

• @steve99 said:

@theconnactic said:

@richardyot said:

Are you a pro filmmaker? Why is DaVinci a far better option "by any standards"? How has FCPX leaped ahead? Unsubstantiated and unhelpful hot air.

Sorry.

• @richardyot my gripe with Premiere is that it’s slow and also you still cannot render your previews and edit simultaneously, even using machines that cost more than a car (because it’s by design). C’mon, it’s 2021! And has a tendency to crash in the worst possible times (my experience). Stability is paramount.