Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pancz Transient Shaper.

edited August 2021 in Other

Would love to see this come to iOS. I suppose the nearest we have is FAC Transient. The GUI looks excellent.

@jakoB_haQ would approve of it!

https://plugins.oversampled.us/products/pancz

Comments

• Gawd what is it with Youtubers and making ridiculous faces in their thumbnails? Are they all aiming their content at 5 year olds?

• @brambos said:
    Gawd what is it with Youtubers and making ridiculous faces in their thumbnails? Are they all aiming their content at 5 year olds?

😂😂😂 crying faces 😜

• @brambos said:
    Gawd what is it with Youtubers and making ridiculous faces in their thumbnails? Are they all aiming their content at 5 year olds?

It immediately turns me off the product, which is unfortunate. I ended up assuming it’s in same category as the drip plug-in or the unison midi chord pack.. exploitive nonsense!

• The trick to tolerating these thumbnails is to imagine the implied penis

• @u0421793 said:
    The trick to tolerating these thumbnails is to imagine the implied penis

🤣

• edited August 2021

@brambos said:

THIS. So much this. "Looking like an imbecile" as a marketing tool. And it seems contagious, too. I mean, I don't care about the usual suspects that much, but recently some of the pros with actual content started doing it as well.

OTOH, it's a good filter that allows me to skip stuff. 🤷

• @u0421793 said:
    The trick to tolerating these thumbnails is to imagine the implied penis

That's what I call a measured response. 👏

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Would love to see this come to iOS. I suppose the nearest we have is FAC Transient. The GUI looks excellent.

@jakoB_haQ would approve of it!

https://plugins.oversampled.us/products/pancz

I had seen this video before and like the “Beef” app (and a number of other recent apps) they hide a lot of the behind-the-scenes complexity with a nice UI, which is efficient. After all, no matter how many buttons we push or things we click on, the sound is what matters. It doesn’t matter how you got there.

And I see no technical reasons why they couldn’t make an iOS version of their app.

• Well the video with the omg thumbnail has 114,000 views vs 5,500 for the other.

Shpeaks for itshelf.

• edited August 2021

@realdawei said:
    Well the video with the omg thumbnail has 114,000 views vs 5,500 for the other.

Shpeaks for itshelf.

Exactly. There’s an account I follow on YouTube and they ran an experiment with the exact same video but one had a thumbnail with no expression and the other had a thumbnail with a dumb expression and there was no contest. The dumb expression got ten times as much traffic. I suspect it’s not only kids who click on these, but non-English speaking audiences. An expression communicates better than a headline.

• I note this omg face thing and see its totally to get more hits. So usually I know who to skip or has a flavor of 'I want more likes" and subs which should be natural. Its like with a some of the funnier guys the pic is just so dumb OMG. You know they took like 20 pics to get that perfect face. I think the normal musicians can see through that and who is an actor just trying to loot YouTube. ITs pretty funny and keep in mind im not on social media so im out the loop with whats hip and stuff.

• i got this app on intro sale. while honestly you can do what it does with a combination of other plugins, it does it well, and very quickly.

I use it on a send, with NYC knob turned all the way up and adjust transient sliders to taste. Works wonders for massive drum punch.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    i got this app on intro sale. while honestly you can do what it does with a combination of other plugins, it does it well, and very quickly.

I use it on a send, with NYC knob turned all the way up and adjust transient sliders to taste. Works wonders for massive drum punch.

I think single function audio engineering apps are going to play less of a role going forward, as exemplified in this kind of app which beautifully simplifies complex operations into a simple user interface.