Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM: auto levelling 2 channels||comp/limiter instead of x-fader

hi,
..for the ipad part of my liveset I use 2x GR-16, both GR-16 channels sent to mixbus A then mixbus A sent to another mixbus which then is the main output.
I want both GR-16 channels to level themselves automatic as some of the GR16 patterns have different volumes (gain).
So if one Gr16 is playing and I add the other Gr16 the output of mixbus A should always stay the same, also when I tweak the HP filters or other fx, and->
I want to push the faders (LaunchcontrolXL)all the way up like if I‘m mixing 2 records with a x-fader.
I tried many different setups using MazeRider, Barkfilter, Woot, Roughrider and TB Barricade in different combinations on each of the two Gr16 channels and the mixbus and it somehow works but I‘m not satisfied with the results. I often end up with one channel being inaudible when both channels are supposed to be equally loud…sometimes the (over)compression even hits on other channels on which I also want auto-levelling…(?)
I donˋt want to use dynamic processors on the main output as I send the main output to Ableton..
Please, if anybody knows how to setup auto-levelling channels, or how to setup tb barricade or any other dynamic processing app for that situation properly, let me know.
Take a look at the screenshot.
Big thanks in advance,
Paul

(masterchannel not shown on this sloppy cut2gether screenshot…)

Comments

• Thanks for so many answers on my first post! —>Zero lol ;)
    I figured it out myself right after I posted my question, if anybody wants to know how I route tracks and place the dynamic fx to never overload the master outputgain in AUM write me.
    Cheers everybody, keep creating!

• I think Maze Rider auv3 might be something you could look into. I think it does auto-levelling stuff.
    You could still post your findings here for the rest. I'd happily learn about this. I didn't get replies for some of my queries here either doesn't discourage me from further posting stuff though. That's just how online forums work. Maybe nobody knew an answer to our questions that's all.
    Cheers!