Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mazetools Soniface 3.0 update

https://apps.apple.com/dk/app/mazetools-soniface/id1232018647

Version 3.0

NEW FEATURES:
Hyperface Performance Controller - play & modulate the Grid-Synth, Rhythm, Sampler and Granular Synth live by multitouch

Main FX Controller with Echo, Reverb, Filter, Flanger and Reverser

Bass/Synth mode for Rhythm Sequencer - create pushing bass lines and futuristic synth tunes

Grid-Synth Mode, improved sound generation and UI

Additional Audio Settings for Latency/DSP-Buffersize - set lower for performance or higher for preventing clicking on older devices or with higher workload

Extended multitouch effect gestures for Grid-Synth, Sampler & Rhythms

Melodic Mode for the Sampler for Pitch-shift based melodies

LFO Filter effect for Rhythm & Sampler interface

Color Sequencer for chord and note sequences

User Guide, FAQ and in-app documentation

Exchange folder in Files, Ableton Link & Bluetooth

Improvements and additions
Save and load
Added Pattern shift function
Added Play and Mute function
Grid-Synth Highpass Filter
Tunes Interface with switchable ring count
Added Time-Shift function for Rhythm Sequencer
Added Amplitude output of Rhythm for Sidechain function
Added Sidechain function to Automation Interface
Added strength slider for Rhythm visual
Added Quantized steps function
Improved Envelope functionality
Added pitch step buttons for Sampler & Rhythm
Added quantasition to Sampler Sequencer
Improved Sampler library and new samples

Comments

• Nice, this app and their mutant app have alot of promise. I dig the mutant version a lil more so far, but maybe this update will be sweet. Cheers

• Has this now got iOS connectivity or is it still fully standalone?

• @gusgranite said:
    Has this now got iOS connectivity or is it still fully standalone?

Seems like Ableton Link is the only connectivity improvement, idk about bluetooth.

• @sharifkerbage said:

@gusgranite said:

Seems like Ableton Link is the only connectivity improvement, idk about bluetooth.

I don’t get it.

• @gusgranite said:

@sharifkerbage said:

@gusgranite said:

I don’t get it.

Saying that, besides Link, I don't see any other connectivity improvement.
    Maybe Bluetooth refers to Midi over Bluetooth?

• I feel like both Mazetools app belong in the same category as Borderlands since they both utilize the touch interface for sound design. Cool stuff

• I’m wondering if this is the visualization app I saw a thread about a couple nights again while I was at work.. I was too busy to stop and bookmark it, and now I can’t find it. Hmm I don’t think this was it.

• Seems like a good update except it's crashing when I load my old sets...

• Despite that though, loving this update, seems like Ableton Link is working for the first time and is now great for jamming with Ableton.

• Hi! Thanks for the immediate feedback, we‘re happy after one year of continuous development to be back with a bunch of improvements especially with the sound. Please check the free Soniface lite version to get an own view on the app.
    Like in the AB forum posts before I can just repeat that Mazetools is developed in Unity, and we didn’t stop making research about connectivity, it’s still the same, Auv3 is currently nearly impossible, IAA might work, but for how long and without background audio (what it would make it kind of senseless), because background audio would took to much energy. So we focused on the basics, which are also tricky ;) So, we were lucky that the developer Comoc supported us with his work on UnityAbletonLinkKit wrapper for iOS, it seems not spectacular but it’s really fundamental work. Same as getting the audio session right that it supports Bluetooth devices with integrated mic (not midi (yet)) with the help of the developer of AudioStream Asset, as well as the implementation of the Files folder for file sharing thanks to the unity forum.
    So, thanks for all your thoughts and reviews! I will answer you questions as good and fast as possible :) best, Jakob

• As confusing as it is, I find it one of the more please ambient soundscapes apps to tinker with. I don't what I'm doing and don't have much intention to learn. So it must be pretty user friendly. Not sure the benefits of the full version though. I know what it says on the app store but not what that really means.

• I'm not concerned with connectivity with this app, it would be nice but it's not essential, Ableton Link is the most important connectivity feature imo for this and that's working now. :)

It could be great in the future to get mulltichannel audio interface support and then you could select which mazes go to different channel outputs for recording mix stems, not sure if that's possible with Unity...

• Ok will give it another try. I found no easy way to bring it into a track with other instruments last time.

• @ectoplastic love the updates for Soniface and Mutant! Especially the file management in the Files app. Great!

One question… I see you can record motion, isolated mics, and the audio performance and save to the Files app… but before you could also record video with audio. Did you remove that function? If not, where is it now? I can’t find the record video button.

• @skiphunt thanks for the feedback, nice to hear you like it :smile: the video function was turned of because of complications with newer iOS and the benefits of iOS own screen recording. Nevertheless the function was good because it was recording the visual without interface. Our goal is to use iOS internal recording for that directly. Further the Mac version will be updated soon, with new visual functions. Also, the thing is that the iPads become so powerful that the difference between iPadOS and MacOS doesn’t make sense anymore, we will see…best regards, Jakob

• @Carnbot said:
    Seems like a good update except it's crashing when I load my old sets...

It happened when several grid were used in one set. We updated the version, now it’s fixed! Best

• @ectoplastic said:
    @skiphunt thanks for the feedback, nice to hear you like it :smile: the video function was turned of because of complications with newer iOS and the benefits of iOS own screen recording. Nevertheless the function was good because it was recording the visual without interface. Our goal is to use iOS internal recording for that directly. Further the Mac version will be updated soon, with new visual functions. Also, the thing is that the iPads become so powerful that the difference between iPadOS and MacOS doesn’t make sense anymore, we will see…best regards, Jakob

That’s too bad. :( I loved being able to record the visuals without the interface. I hope that feature comes back soon, but the incorporation of the iPadOS Files app for user file management is a huge win. :)

• This is still fun but still impenetrable. Really needs a detailed tutorial series on every aspect- at least a big 'getting started' video for version 3.0!

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    This is still fun but still impenetrable. Really needs a detailed tutorial series on every aspect- at least a big 'getting started' video for version 3.0!

i second that. same with mutant. a good tutorial could help

• For me one of the best iOS music app. It is like and island but is so so much powerful and creative app. Love to play it on my phone📞

• @eylvy said:

Thank you Eyal :smile:

When I used a previous lite version of this app I was in love because of the interface, but equally perplexed by the amount of controls on offer.

As it's been updated recently I'm gonna get back into it. Much like Gestrument Pro, wonderful to use but difficult to master.

• @eylvy said:

many thanks 👍

• @dasgoods said:

@eylvy said:

Thank you Eyal :smile:

When I used a previous lite version of this app I was in love because of the interface, but equally perplexed by the amount of controls on offer.

As it's been updated recently I'm gonna get back into it. Much like Gestrument Pro, wonderful to use but difficult to master.

It's fun to have a jam by yourself once in a while with these apps. Try Mutant, also a nice and not expensive app, same devs.

• I've been playing this some more today, it's really becoming a great groovebox and it's easy to transfer projects between desktop and ipad version.

I hope it gets automation in the sequencers as it could be like patterning in this regard and have polyrhythms and shifting steps. :)
    You can really mangle sounds easily in the sampler and now it's much easier to use your own samples by copying them into the folder.
    It still can be a little bit confusing at times.
    For example I'd like it if you could name sets and patterns as it's easy to lose track of what is what.

• edited August 2021

I've been dicking about with this a lot since I bought it (recently) and for once I've not checked any tutorials* as it's so much fun and very intuitive. The only thing I miss is an undo as it's quite easy to break what you have going. Save often with new names or extend the song with many states, which is also how you play a song - sort of - I think. :D Anyway, love it. Someone said they preferred Mutant over Soniface but I have not got into that one as I have to the latter. Hope for at least IAA but as that os deprecated by Apple it might remain a dream. I shared this already but if you missed it: 100% Soniface (Barked in Luma Fusion though) musically but the visuals is other stuff as well.

*Edit: The built in help is great, just leave that frame of text open and it will change and explain as you go along and do stuff.