Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do I change the presets in Drum Computer using Midi

How do I change the presets, backwards/forwards or to say user defined prest using Midi. Just trying to move as much stuff as pos to a midi ccontrol cos at present I find myself scrolling backwards and forwards like an idoit in AUM. Cheers guys.

Comments

• Presets or patterns? Not sure about presets but patterns it’s the bottom scale of the keyboard whether that starts C-2 or C-1 depending.

• wimwim
    edited July 2021

To do it directly in DrumComputer, you copy them into the "MIDI Programs" preset folder. Then sending a program change to DC will select the preset. You have to send the PC number of the preset that you want based on its order in the list. As far as I know there isn't a "next preset / previous preset" selection capability.

To copy to the MIDI Programs folder, navigate to the folder in the preset manager that contains the preset. Next select "Copy to Midi Programs" at the bottom. Then select the presets you want to copy and touch Copy to Midi Programs again.

The alternative is to use AUM or Audiobus' ability to change presets saved in those apps via MIDI control. That method is a bit more flexible since you're not limited to Program Change messages and can map any midi command to load a particular preset. Another advantage is the binding between preset and MIDI message isn't tied to the order in the list.

• @wim said:
    To do it directly in DrumComputer, you copy them into the "MIDI Programs" preset folder. Then sending a program change to DC will select the preset. You have to send the PC number of the preset that you want based on its order in the list. As far as I know there isn't a "next preset / previous preset" selection capability.

To copy to the MIDI Programs folder, navigate to the folder in the preset manager that contains the preset. Next select "Copy to Midi Programs" at the bottom. Then select the presets you want to copy and touch Copy to Midi Programs again.

The alternative is to use AUM or Audiobus' ability to change presets saved in those apps via MIDI control. That method is a bit more flexible since you're not limited to Program Change messages and can map any midi command to load a particular preset. Another advantage is the binding between preset and MIDI message isn't tied to the order in the list.

Thanks @wim

• @Shiloh said:
    Presets or patterns? Not sure about presets but patterns it’s the bottom scale of the keyboard whether that starts C-2 or C-1 depending.

Really? I thought this was a Hammerhead only feature?

Playing around on DC right now but not getting any joy with this method...

• @FPC said:

@Shiloh said:
    Presets or patterns? Not sure about presets but patterns it’s the bottom scale of the keyboard whether that starts C-2 or C-1 depending.

Yep, works great on my end.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@FPC said:

@Shiloh said:

Wow. Ok I'm missing something.

So if I disable DCs play button then hit play my host (Cubasis 3) then play c-2 or c-1 on Cubasis keyboard (or draw the note on the piano roll) I should get a pattern to play? Which pattern?

Sorry for the dumb questions but after the initial excitement of DC I've barely touched it. Looking to put that right.

• edited July 2021

@FPC said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@FPC said:

@Shiloh said:

So if I disable DCs play button then hit play my host (Cubasis 3) then play c-2 or c-1 on Cubasis keyboard (or draw the note on the piano roll) I should get a pattern to play? Which pattern?

Sorry for the dumb questions but after the initial excitement of DC I've barely touched it. Looking to put that right.

You'll need to hit the 'play' button in DC. Then it will start and stop with Cubasis' transport.

The difference between HH and DC is that when Hammer Head receives the correct note, it will trigger the pattern. However when Drum Computer receives the correct midi note, it will simply switch the active pattern.
    On this note, Drum Computer needs to be running to hear the pattern switching. If it's not running, you'll still see the new pattern info changing, but obviously nothing will be output until play is engaged.
    The first 16 midi notes (C-2 to D#-1) correspond to Drum Computer patterns 1-16.
    If you want it to be a bit more 'clip' like, leave 1 pattern empty, and switch to that empty pattern to kill the sound. You can very accurately emulate Hammer Head's 'clip' behavior this way.
    The fun thing about Sugar Bytes apps is they all have this scene / pattern switching with the first 16 (or 12) notes of the midi range. This gets really fun with their effect and sequencing apps.

• FPCFPC
    edited July 2021

Ah brilliant, thank you @aleyas. I'll give this a try.

• @aleyas said:

@FPC said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@FPC said:

@Shiloh said:

You'll need to hit the 'play' button in DC. Then it will start and stop with Cubasis' transport.

The difference between HH and DC is that when Hammer Head receives the correct note, it will trigger the pattern. However when Drum Computer receives the correct midi note, it will simply switch the active pattern.
    On this note, Drum Computer needs to be running to hear the pattern switching. If it's not running, you'll still see the new pattern info changing, but obviously nothing will be output until play is engaged.
    The first 16 midi notes (C-2 to D#-1) correspond to Drum Computer patterns 1-16.
    If you want it to be a bit more 'clip' like, leave 1 pattern empty, and switch to that empty pattern to kill the sound. You can very accurately emulate Hammer Head's 'clip' behavior this way.
    The fun thing about Sugar Bytes apps is they all have this scene / pattern switching with the first 16 (or 12) notes of the midi range. This gets really fun with their effect and sequencing apps.

Yeah, leaving a blank pattern available works really well. Pattern launching makes using atom or helium really easy with DC. I built a full DC template on my quneo (finally found a use for that thing) which makes recording pattern changes in real time a bit more fun.

• edited May 2022

@aleyas said:

@FPC said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@FPC said:

@Shiloh said:

Sorry for bumping the old thread...
    But I've just discovered that Drum Computer could behave the same way as Hammerhead, you just need to switch Clock from host to internal in Settings and arm the Play button. And then notes C-2 to D#-1 launch patterns 1-16 as long as you hold then. Very nice feature.

• Than> @Agatha_aga said:

@aleyas said:

@FPC said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@FPC said:

@Shiloh said:

But I've just discovered that Drum Computer could behave the same way as Hammerhead, you just need to switch Clock from host to internal in Settings and arm the Play button. And then notes C-2 to D#-1 launch patterns 1-16 as long as you hold then. Very nice feature.

k you I will try that. Recovering from knee op so everything on back burner right now. Cheers

• @Agatha_aga said:

@aleyas said:

@FPC said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@FPC said:

@Shiloh said:

Don't be sorry when you announce news like this! That's awesome, a really good find.

To me patterns triggering is far better than pattern switching. @gregsmith I know it's not a universal app but I think you'll like this.

• @FPC said:

@Agatha_aga said:

@aleyas said:

@FPC said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@FPC said:

@Shiloh said:

Don't be sorry when you announce news like this! That's awesome, a really good find.

To me patterns triggering is far better than pattern switching. @gregsmith I know it's not a universal app but I think you'll like this.

Yes! I’m all about hold mode in loopy pro 😜

I gave up on DC going universal a long time ago though 😔

• @gregsmith said:

@FPC said:

@Agatha_aga said:

@aleyas said:

@FPC said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@FPC said:

@Shiloh said:

Yeah, but the sound engine randomizer creates excellent sample fodder for HH or any of the other universal drum apps!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@gregsmith said:

@FPC said:

@Agatha_aga said:

@aleyas said:

@FPC said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@FPC said:

@Shiloh said:

Yeah, but the sound engine randomizer creates excellent sample fodder for HH or any of the other universal drum apps!

Yeah, very true!

• @FPC said:

@Agatha_aga said:

@aleyas said:

@FPC said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@FPC said:

@Shiloh said:

Hmmmm pattern triggering (but not switching) seems to have stopped working since @Agatha_aga posted this. At least inside Cubasis 3 it has :/ it now just plays the 1st note when I've got Clock start set to internal and play disabled within DC.

Pattern switching (clock start: host, play enabled) still works fine.

Guess I can still just switch to a blank pattern for sections of a track when I don't want DC to play but still...

Can anyone else confirm?

• edited October 2022

@FPC maybe it’s a typo in your post
    “I've got Clock start set to internal and play disabled within DC”
    but you need play to be enabled.
    It works on my side in dRambo but I haven’t updated to the current appstore version of DC so who knows…