Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget sound glitch

Anyone else getting a glitch in Gadget where if the app is closed then re-opened the sound stops outputting? I need to power off and on the entire iPad to get it to work again.

Anyone know a fix?

2020 iPad pro 12.9, latest iPad iOS and gadget version.

Comments

• @ghostwaves said:
    Anyone else getting a glitch in Gadget where if the app is closed then re-opened the sound stops outputting? I need to power off and on the entire iPad to get it to work again.

Anyone know a fix?

2020 iPad pro 12.9, latest iPad iOS and gadget version.

Do you have background audio enabled in iOS Settings > Gadget 2?

• @wim said:
    Do you have background audio enabled in iOS Settings > Gadget 2?

Yeah, it’s not that; and nothing is set to mute, so I think it’s definitely a bug. Seems to have started after I bought module recently; not sure if that’s related.

Thanks for the suggestion anyhow 👍

• @ghostwaves Doesn’t happen here (I have background audio disabled, fwiw). iPad Pro 9.7, same versions.
    If you feel it’s related to your recent Module install you could see if removing them makes a difference. Settings > Gadget 2 > Utility.
    They can be easily restored later.

• Ok, just to close the loop on this/to help anyone having the same issue (because it was very annoying)...

In frustration at the sound cutting out in Gadget I decided I'd move to Garageband. But the same thing happened, with Garageband producing a message "GarageBand has been interrupted by another app and cannot be used".

Googling that message leads to the suggestion that this behaviour is caused by "magnetic accessories".

Which makes sense since I had just been vaccinated.

• ...just kidding.

Removing the case and the Apple Pencil seems to help though; hopefully Apple fix the issue in 15.0.

• @ghostwaves said:
    Ok, just to close the loop on this/to help anyone having the same issue (because it was very annoying)...

In frustration at the sound cutting out in Gadget I decided I'd move to Garageband. But the same thing happened, with Garageband producing a message "GarageBand has been interrupted by another app and cannot be used".

Googling that message leads to the suggestion that this behaviour is caused by "magnetic accessories".

LMAO! This made me pause for a solid 5 seconds wondering if you were serious and trying to figure out how that might work....

Solid tip - I used to wonder about the pencil quite a lot when I first got the newer version that attaches to the pad. Weren't we always taught to keep magnets away from electronics?

Just thinking back though, man, the first iteration of the Apple Pencil was a horrible design. Having to plug that long ass thing into the bottom of your iPad to charge it. I do not think Mr. Jobs would have approved of that setup. Seems like the type of thing they could have waited another year to roll out the current version! But, to be fair, when it was all I knew, I loved that first pencil!

• @ghostwaves said:

That post was a work of art. 😂😂🏆

• @ghostwaves said:
    ...just kidding.

Removing the case and the Apple Pencil seems to help though; hopefully Apple fix the issue in 15.0.

Careful though, isn't 15.0 the update that flashes the new Delta firmware to the Apple Pencil?
    .. After restart, you should be able to administer the vaccine with the Pencil itself.

• i know, i know.. just one more thing Android phones have been doing for years..

• edited August 2021

@BitterGums said:
    i know, i know.. just one more thing Android phones have been doing for years..

Self-vaccination?