Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Remixlive new Live Set feature - kudos to the devs

So I’ve been looking for an app with a way to play a simple DJ set of my own songs but with some control over the parts and fx etc.

I liked Launchpad and Remixlive but there was never enough pads available for a whole set, only 1-2 songs.

The new Live Set setting from Remixlive solves this by continuing to play the current song parts whilst you load the next project. You can then replace those parts bit by bit bringing in the new song. It’s very clever! I can recommend having a go with the free versh and one of the sound packs.

Comments

• Found a vid of it in action

• Looks good shame it’s subscription thought.

• edited July 2021

@Jumpercollins said:
    Looks good shame it’s subscription thought.

You can unlock instead. I unlocked everything useful (to me) for about £20

• @gregsmith said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Looks good shame it’s subscription thought.

You can unlock instead. I unlocked everything useful (to me) for about £20

@gregsmith Ok that’s cool wasn’t aware. Had the app years ago will have to go and revisit.

• edited July 2021

@gregsmith Looks like it’s matured a lot since I last used Remixlive just brought the song mode and sequencer which were the 2 IAP that look worth it that I didn’t have that were not there last I used it.

Hope they add midi in and learn at some point would love to use my LP Pro with this. Also batch import via folder if that’s possible. Think I prefer this to Novation Launchpad app seems more flexible.

• This app confuses me. I was sure it’s Ampify’s Launchpad. The UI looks so similar… Is it the same codebase or just a look-a-like?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @gregsmith Looks like it’s matured a lot since I last used Remixlive just brought the song mode and sequencer which were the 2 IAP that look worth it that I didn’t have that were not there last I used it.

Hope they add midi in and learn at some point would love to use my LP Pro with this. Also batch import via folder if that’s possible. Think I prefer this to Novation Launchpad app seems more flexible

Can you Transpose/Quantize/Lock a project to a specific key as Launchpad? I don’t see it… would be nice..

• @RajahP said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Hope they add midi in and learn at some point would love to use my LP Pro with this. Also batch import via folder if that’s possible. Think I prefer this to Novation Launchpad app seems more flexible

Can you Transpose/Quantize/Lock a project to a specific key as Launchpad? I don’t see it… would be nice..

@RajahP Looks like you can with imported samples at least.

• edited July 2021

@Jumpercollins said:

@RajahP said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@RajahP Looks like you can with imported samples at least.

Seems it’s just ‘samples’ here.. With Launchpad, you can adjust your ‘entire’ project to fit other projects in other Host, DAWs and Instruments (Pure Acid, etc.). Ableton Linked, seems magical to me.
    Guess, with this new ‘Live Set’ feature.. it should be revolutionary if implemented..

• @krassmann said:
    This app confuses me. I was sure it’s Ampify’s Launchpad. The UI looks so similar… Is it the same codebase or just a look-a-like?

@krassmann Its a lookalike been around 5 years where Launchpad app been around for 10 years. RemixLive has a lot more functionality ie Song mode, Sequencer, Sample chop, Library functionally than Launchpad. However it doesn’t have midi support by the looks of it. IAA generator only on iPad. It is multi platform like Zenbeats and I’ve see the desktop version has midi support by the looks of it. See video below.

• Excellent! Will look forward to watching this properly

• Well well well ...... here I thought it was all empty promises for the past few years.....