Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cotracks by Futucraft Oy (updated!!)

This app is an oldie. Almost a decade old now. I just saw that it had been updated, I haven’t used it in many years and had forgotten I had it on my iPad. Anyway this is a really cool groovebox kinda app. A collaborative groovebox where the idea is that up to four persons can sit around an iPad and control one of four parts of the groovebox, it works by splitting the UI in up to four parts, each part facing each side of the iPad. You can obviously use it solo with the UI facing only you. Man I remember having a lot of fun with this one. Check it out if you wanna see some of the creativity that went into music apps back in the old days:-)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cotracks/id541037304

Comments

• This app is so old that it isn’t even listed on AppSliced. It’s also a bit pricey.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    This app is so old that it isn’t even listed on AppSliced. It’s also a bit pricey.

Those were the days Pounds, Shillings and Pence.

• @knewspeak said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    This app is so old that it isn’t even listed on AppSliced. It’s also a bit pricey.

Listen am old enough to remember those days when my dad was paid just £7 a day in old money so nearly £26 is expensive

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

How much is it (can’t see it as I own it)? It’s a fun app though, it doesn’t offer anything you can’t do in other groove boxes like GR16 and so on. It’s mostly about the unique UI in this one.

• @ChrisG said:

How much is it (can’t see it as I own it)? It’s a fun app though, it doesn’t offer anything you can’t do in other groove boxes like GR16 and so on. It’s mostly about the unique UI in this one.

£25.99

• @Toastedghost said:

@ChrisG said:

£25.99

That’s up there with the “big league” stuff. I wish I remember what I paid for this app all those years ago, probably a fiver or at the most ten bucks.

• @Toastedghost said:

@knewspeak said:

Listen am old enough to remember those days when my dad was paid just £7 a day in old money so nearly £26 is expensive

Indeed it was a large amount, I think it was around that price, my father, bought a Bedford Van, his first vehicle, in which I was made.

• @knewspeak said:

@Toastedghost said:

@knewspeak said:

Indeed it was a large amount, I think it was around that price, my father, bought a Bedford Van, his first vehicle, in which I was made.

From vechicle parts???

• Whoa
    Huge price raise. Maybe they plan more stuff.
    I was surprised when I saw it updated yesterday too

• Basically the innovation came from playing with someone else in the same device (like in Rebirth)