Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lumafusion has been updated with support for audio units

https://apps.apple.com/dk/app/lumafusion/id1062022008

NEW
• Video stabilization. The award-winning Lock & Load video stabilization technology from CoreMelt is fully integrated in the new Stabilizer tool in the clip editor.
• External drive editing. Media is now accessed directly from external drives in the Files library source on iPads with USB-C and Thunderbolt ports. You can now edit on the timeline without copying media to device storage. This feature is turned ON by default but can be turned off in Preferences, allowing media to be copied into LumaFusion when external drives are used.
• Direct external drive export. Export directly to an external drive without LumaFusion writing to internal storage using the Files destination. Available on USB-C and Thunderbolt iPads.
• Graphic Equalizer. With the beautiful new graphic audio EQ, it's easy to tune audio in your projects
3rd-party audio units. Add and organize 3rd party audio units in the Audio Tool. LumaFusion supports editing parameters both in our control stack and in 3rd-party custom UI.
• Numeric keypad for sliders and rotation controls. Tap on the pencil button to use the new numeric entry for accurate animation. The nudge buttons have been moved to the numeric keypad.
• Resizable UI. Drag the handle to adjust the preview, library, and timeline to get exactly the workspace you want in each layout.

FIXED ISSUES
• Keywords are not appearing in Youtube after upload.
• Dozens of issues have been fixed.

IMPROVEMENTS
• Press-and-hold on insert button (or use keyboard equivalents) to insert-to-main, overwrite-to-main, and place-on-secondary.
• Selection in library and timeline are now separate. Library selection shows selected items with white border, currently previewed item with yellow border.
• Improved user interface styling.
• Quicker response when searching Storyblocks.
• Import/export sources have been simplified. Use 'iOS Share and Airdrop' for most iOS destinations (Files app, iCloud Drive, other app, AirDrop). Use the Files destination to write directly to external drives.
• FCPXML export adds markers to indicate unsupported features.
• Improved stability and performance

In upcoming releases we will continue adding new features, and will continue to enhance every aspect of LumaFusion. Find tutorials, reference-guide, answers to your questions, and contact us directly at https://luma-touch.com/support.

Comments

• Heads up.

Cool except for one thing.

It requires iOS 14.4.1 and above.
    I was about to update it but it seems
    I'm going to have to update my iOS as well.

• This is fantastic!!!!!

• is price the same? some new IAPs?

• @MAtrixplan said:
    is price the same? some new IAPs?

Plug-in support is free if that’s what you mean, no IAP for that.

• What does this actually mean? Give me an example please

• It’s been like 4 years since we last saw audio units in the app but i’m glad its back.

@iOSTRAKON said:
    What does this actually mean? Give me an example please

You can use audio units to help clean up and tweak the audio inside of Lumafusion which is a standard thing amongst all video editing programs like Final Cut, Premiere and Davinci

• @MAtrixplan said:

I don't know about the price but this update is free
    and the last major one before version 3 comes out.

• edited July 2021

Seems like you may need a newer iPad to run the AU,s getting freezing issues at least with Pro Q3. On iPad Pro 9.7 latest pad OS.

Seems ok with stock plugins.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Seems like you may need a newer iPad to run the AU,s getting freezing issues at least with Pro Q3. On iPad Pro 9.7 latest pad OS.

Seems ok with stock plugins.

Pro Q3 has graphical glitches when in playback on my m1 11” Pro. It’s not the only AU that does that as well. Mixbox does it too but none of the Audio Damage plugins have that issue. Strange

• So I love LumaFusion and use it all the time……. But I don’t ever see myself using an AU in it. When I have my audio in it… its ready to go. What all would you use these for?

• @onerez said:
    So I love LumaFusion and use it all the time……. But I don’t ever see myself using an AU in it. When I have my audio in it… its ready to go. What all would you use these for?

It’s not necessarily for people who use DAWs or have more experience with audio but for folks who edit from start to finish inside of video editing programs and need to clean up audio a bit without opening a DAW which could be complicated. It’s a very common practice so its a welcome feature but won’t be needed by everyone

• @onerez said:
    So I love LumaFusion and use it all the time……. But I don’t ever see myself using an AU in it. When I have my audio in it… its ready to go. What all would you use these for?

Agreed won’t use it a lot but nice to have, the stabilisation Lock and load and new external drive functionality are the standout new features.

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@onerez said:

It’s not necessarily for people who use DAWs or have more experience with audio but for folks who edit from start to finish inside of video editing programs and need to clean up audio a bit without opening a DAW which could be complicated. It’s a very common practice so its a welcome feature but won’t be needed by everyone

This makes sense. Thanks for sharing. I keep looking at things through my glasses and forget there are many other prescriptions out there. 😁

• edited July 2021

@onerez said:

This is very useful, essential, for film-making when you need to get creative with the audio synced with the image and when doing it in an audio daw would just slow your workflow down at this stage. I always prepare most of the audio I think I want first, but then you try things out when you make different edit decisions.

You might want to master a video differently for different output mediums/formats too so would be good to do mastering effects etc. :)

• @Carnbot said:

@onerez said:

This is very useful, essential, for film-making when you need to get creative with the audio synced with the image and when doing it in an audio daw would just slow your workflow down at this stage. I always prepare most of the audio I think I want first, but then you try things out when you make different edit decisions.

You might want to master a track differently for different output mediums/formats too so would be good to do mastering effects etc. :)

The question on everyone's lips is this.

Can dRambo be played in LumaFusion?

I can't test this as I can't update my Air3 until the mixes are finished.

• @Gravitas said:

@Carnbot said:

@onerez said:

You might want to master a track differently for different output mediums/formats too so would be good to do mastering effects etc. :)

It says Drambo FX but yes? Maybe?

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@Gravitas said:

@Carnbot said:

@onerez said:

It says Drambo FX but yes? Maybe?

That's more than good enough.

Most probably no midi In and out but it loads up.

Very cool.

• Mirack FX loads too but I haven't tried it yet :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Mirack FX loads too but I haven't tried it yet :)

Super cool.

That's both of the modular dons sorted then. ;)

Special effects are go. 🤩

• @Gravitas said:

@Carnbot said:

Super cool.

Yeah, it's pretty cool for experimental AV filmmaking.
    Just had a go animating the miRack AU parameters and it's working. :)

• @Carnbot said:

@Gravitas said:

@Carnbot said:

Super cool.

Awesome.

Does that mean we use key framing to do the automation
    or do the AU parameters open up on to a separate lane?

• edited July 2021

Multitrack shows up so does that mean we can add in numerous tracks of audio now in LumiaFusion?

Edit just tried it as soon as you press play Multitrack crashes shame. Wasn’t designed for this play sync etc!

• @Gravitas said:

@Carnbot said:

@Gravitas said:

@Carnbot said:

Super cool.

Awesome.

keyframing is the only way I think

• @Carnbot said:

@Gravitas said:

@Carnbot said:

@Gravitas said:

@Carnbot said:

Super cool.

Awesome.

keyframing is the only way I think

It will be fiddly but it's doable.

That's more than good enough. 😏

• @Gravitas said:

@MAtrixplan said:

The latest update is Version 3.0.0

• @Polyphonix said:

@Gravitas said:

@MAtrixplan said:

The latest update is Version 3.0.0

Okay, I didn't realise that.

Thank you.

• @Polyphonix

Does this version have multi cam support?

• edited July 2021

@Gravitas said:

@MAtrixplan said:

But, todays update of Lumafusion IS version 3.0…

Ooopppsss - saw that I wasnt the first to mention this - sorry…

• @Polyphonix @ErrkaPetti

Ooopppsss - saw that I wasnt the first to mention this - sorry…

No worries, I got the message, it's all cool. 😏

Incidentally there was a reason why I didn't think that it was version 3.

This is from their forum.

It mentioned releasing version 2.5 not 3.

• @Gravitas said:
    @Polyphonix

Does this version have multi cam support?

No that’s coming in a pack later down the line