Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hardware synths that can be updated via IOS?

Looking for a list of hardware synths that can be updated via IOS without issue. Either by file drag and drop, a company's ios app, or good old midi sysex.
Unfortunately there are companies that don’t make this possible and it’s one of the last things that keep me tethered to a computer.
-thx

Comments

• Pretty sure, it's none. Unless it's via Sysex. Theoretically, you could use Sysex Base to update the Elektron boxes.

• The problem with many of them is that you can copy the update file across in the iPad’s Files app, but there’s no Eject command. Ejecting triggers the update process, and just unplugging doesn’t work. I froze an OP-Z trying to update it from an iPad.

• Behringer quite a few via Synthtribe App, Korg Volcas via an audio file.

• Craft Synth 2

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Craft Synth 2

Dispite the cheap feel, i got some fun stuff outta a skulpt.
    Keep telling myslef i should pick up another.

• edited July 2021

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Craft Synth 2

Dispite the cheap feel, i got some fun stuff outta a skulpt.
    Keep telling myslef i should pick up another.

Had Craft Synth 2 and now i have Sulpt, interestingly even through Skult has more physical knobs and polyphony, i'm still like Craft was better, mostly because of more complex oscillator section with various cross oscillator modulations and more wavetables. Strongly underrated synth, capable of incredibly good sounds of all kinds ..

Back to topic - not sure if it is possible to update FW on modal synths from iOS app .. i think i used MacOS app ...

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Craft Synth 2

All of the Modals actually, I’m updating my Cobalt 8 over the iPad app. You can’t import/export presets though, that still sucks.

• edited July 2021

Yer all of the Modals use the app it’s pretty cool as a simple setup.

• edited July 2021

Not being able to update hardware firmware due to a lack of a computer was an ongoing frustration for me, but I bit the bullet and successfully updated my Elektron devices (Digitakt/Analog Keys/Octatrack mk1) using Sysex Base and voila! frustrated no more.

I continue to sorely miss being able to use Novation’s Components, as I have a lot of their synths.

• Thanks for the Modals tips! Yeah I’ve used the app Sysex Base for a few pieces of hardware with success. However I see less companies offering that option these days and (looking long term) not sure how long the present ones will continue to do so.

• @Jumpercollins hey when using craft with AUM via audio input and the modal app, have you run into any issues? For example can you switch from app to app with all audio working as programed? Does the modal app continue to work in background? Overall workflow, etc...
    -Thx