Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Digitalism app free today

Matthew offering Digitalism free today! Grab it while you can.

Comments

• App Store search is beyond parody these days

• @drcongo said:

App Store search is beyond parody these days

Agree, it helps a bit to filter by category though...

• The link above is clickable

• Thanks for my new app

• Sweet!

• @Samu said:

@drcongo said:

Agree, it helps a bit to filter by category though...

Doesn't quite help as much as it might if the category is "Music." Is there a better way to categorize apps so that musicians can find them?

The app store search results have real impacts on devs who are working to make a living doing this. Apple really needs to improve the entire interaction with the App Store.

• @NeonSilicon said:

The app store search results have real impacts on devs who are working to make a living doing this. Apple really needs to improve the entire interaction with the App Store.

Yes, it is terrible in 2021 to have such a poor search engine in the appstore. Come on Apple ! :'( I mean, even when you enter the exact app name, you don't get it !

• Yup. Good stuff just added to sales thread too.

• Thanks @Matt_Fletcher_2000
    You are lifting the spirits.
    Thumbs up!

• @drcongo said:

But it does say "showing results for digital" instead of digitalism :)

• Best AudioKit app IMO.

• Much appreciated, @analog_matt! :+1:

• @Korakios said:

@drcongo said:

“Digital” is a pretty generic term so it’s not surprising you’d get a variety of hits.

• very kind. thanks for your generosity

• Just got it and knocked up this using Touchscaper which appears to be getting a bit of love in another thread. All sounds produced by D2000… it turned out to be some mutant hybrid between Ravels Bolero and Dr Who!

• @anickt said:

@Korakios said:

@drcongo said:

“Digital” is a pretty generic term so it’s not surprising you’d get a variety of hits.

The problem is when you do a search for Digitalism and there is a hit for that specific thing but they show the hits for Digital before the exact hit. Google, Amazon, and all the rest are doing this nonsense now too. With Google I end up just typing random +'s in front of everything and tossing in quote marks everywhere hoping that it'll believe me that I really do know what I'm searching for. Amazon has become nearly useless for finding anything I want.

For a long time, if I put a search for LRC7 into the app store it would show me only LRC5 in the results. Lots of times now, it'll still have LRC5 as a hit above LRC7. It's weird and these types of things are going to be having sales impacts on devs that are selling their apps to make a living.

• @Alfred said:
    Thanks @Matt_Fletcher_2000
    Thumbs up!

Agreed. Thank you.

• Speaking of dev related things and app store weirdness, if you like this app make sure you go and give a good review/rating. Especially if you are from a country/territory/region that doesn't have many reviews. The way Apple segregates the reviews by region can make one negative review have a big impact in countries with smaller populations or iOS usage. It can make a big dig difference for the sales.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Alfred said:
    Thanks @Matt_Fletcher_2000
    Thumbs up!

Agreed. Thank you.

Fletcher is a fine Matt, as well, but he is not the droid you're looking for.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@anickt said:

@Korakios said:

@drcongo said:

The problem is when you do a search for Digitalism and there is a hit for that specific thing but they show the hits for Digital before the exact hit. Google, Amazon, and all the rest are doing this nonsense now too. With Google I end up just typing random +'s in front of everything and tossing in quote marks everywhere hoping that it'll believe me that I really do know what I'm searching for. Amazon has become nearly useless for finding anything I want.

For a long time, if I put a search for LRC7 into the app store it would show me only LRC5 in the results. Lots of times now, it'll still have LRC5 as a hit above LRC7. It's weird and these types of things are going to be having sales impacts on devs that are selling their apps to make a living.

Agreed - search results can be so totally ridiculous! 😎👍🏼

• Thanks @NeonSilicon, that’s exactly what I was complaining about. And related, DuckDuckGo doesn’t let you do literal searches at all any more, no quotes or plus symbols at all. Almost enough to make me use Google.

• edited July 2021

@drcongo said:
    Thanks @NeonSilicon, that’s exactly what I was complaining about. And related, DuckDuckGo doesn’t let you do literal searches at all any more, no quotes or plus symbols at all. Almost enough to make me use Google.

Where did you find that out?

According to the syntax guide you can still use quotes and + and other modifiers.

https://help.duckduckgo.com/duckduckgo-help-pages/results/syntax/

I’ve been using DuckDuckGo as my default for years. I hate it when I need to use google for the odd search (I use !g in DDG as a shortcut — the ‘bangs’ make DDG a very powerful search engine as you can easily leverage almost any other engine from the search field).

• @drcongo said:
    Thanks @NeonSilicon, that’s exactly what I was complaining about. And related, DuckDuckGo doesn’t let you do literal searches at all any more, no quotes or plus symbols at all. Almost enough to make me use Google.

I use Ecosia for searching. It has a Bing backend I think. It allows the use of search modifiers, but seems to ignore them in cases when it thinks too few results have been returned. I have to go out to Google way too much for technically oriented searches. It annoys me every time I do.

• edited July 2021

When I hear Audiokit I think of Matt...
    John Moore, thank you very much.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@anickt said:

@Korakios said:

@drcongo said:

+1, moronic thinking in action. Search for specific things, get generic common hits back. Was disappointed but not surprised to find the App Store was like this too.

• @Anagram_R said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@anickt said:

@Korakios said:

@drcongo said:

+1, moronic thinking in action. Search for specific things, get generic common hits back. Was disappointed but not surprised to find the App Store was like this too.

I'm still on ios 13 ,so I assume this is ios 14 behavior , but as I said before it ,in the screenshot it searched for digital ,but it's asking the user if he wants to search for digitalism instead . Ok, its an extra step , but no big deal