Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

!!! new ios 14.7 fixes missing auv3s !!!

edited July 24 in Off-topic

finally new ios 14.7 fixes this shit)
(just installed it and it works)

«1

Comments

  • @mikita
    How long have you been running 14.7
    And on which device please

  • wimwim
    edited July 24

    @mikita said:
    finally new ios 14.7 fixes this shit)
    (just installed it and it works)

    How do you know? I don't see that documented anywhere, but maybe I've missed it. Please excuse my skepticism - this is an intermittent problem. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not going to come back. :#

    I hope you're right though.

  • @wim There's plenty of audio-related fixes in the 14.7 update, more than in most previous updates.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212601

    Only the security related things are mentioned in the document but I'm pretty sure they sneaked in other fixes as well.
    Personally I've not had the 'missing AUv3' thing more than a couple of times since iPadOS14 was initially released.

    Wouldn't be surprised if there's an even more detailed release log but I'm not a developer...

  • For me iOS 14.7 fixed crackling sounds. Thanks god and 🍎

  • @Charlesalbert said:
    For me iOS 14.7 fixed crackling sounds. Thanks god and 🍎

    Fixed usb-c jack adapter audio glitches with multimedia apps (Apple Music, YT etc) on iPad Pro.

  • Well I’m convinced. These iOS updates really come out thick and fast.

  • My iPhone 6S Plus on 14.7 still has iCrackle.
    None of my iPads on 14.7 have (or previously had) iCrackle.
    None of my iDevices on 14.7 have (or previously had) the missing AU bug.
    It's strange not to be able to find the common denominator with these two issues.

  • no, it does not. I’ve had the missing AUv3 again, earlier today.

  • It looks like the weird bug where the audio engine was not running if you lay down your iPad is fixed too. No need to turn microphone permissions off anymore :smile:

  • @god said:
    no, it does not. I’ve had the missing AUv3 again, earlier today.

    Have you restored your iWhatever to factory settings, removing all traces of any iOS betas that may have been installed? It sounds like an anomaly, but who feels it knows it. I've noticed you're always one of the ones affected by this. Air 3, iOS now 14.7, Cubase TWO, with a lot of AUv3 efx and instruments, many tracks, and perhaps luckily, have never had this happen.

  • @musikeer said:

    @god said:
    no, it does not. I’ve had the missing AUv3 again, earlier today.

    Have you restored your iWhatever to factory settings, removing all traces of any iOS betas that may have been installed? It sounds like an anomaly, but who feels it knows it. I've noticed you're always one of the ones affected by this. Air 3, iOS now 14.7, Cubase TWO, with a lot of AUv3 efx and instruments, many tracks, and perhaps luckily, have never had this happen.

    I’ve done many things during the lifetime of iOS 14, I’m not gonna do anything anymore. Hopefully Apple gets this fixed for me and my likes in iOS 15.

  • @branis said:
    It looks like the weird bug where the audio engine was not running if you lay down your iPad is fixed too. No need to turn microphone permissions off anymore :smile:

    I was hoping that would be fixed but I’m still seeing that bug on my ipad ☹️

  • @FordTimeLord said:

    @branis said:
    It looks like the weird bug where the audio engine was not running if you lay down your iPad is fixed too. No need to turn microphone permissions off anymore :smile:

    I was hoping that would be fixed but I’m still seeing that bug on my ipad ☹️

    I hope I didn't speak too soon, but since the update I didn't encounter that issue on my iPad 10.2" 2020

  • Just wanted to add, it seems I don't have the AUv3 problems on 14.7 on my iPad Mini 5 256gb.

  • It has not fixed my wife yelling at me to do dishes. 😳😀

  • @onerez said:
    It has not fixed my wife yelling at me to do dishes. 😳😀

    Yeah, come on Apple, get your s**t together!

  • @FordTimeLord said:

    @branis said:
    It looks like the weird bug where the audio engine was not running if you lay down your iPad is fixed too. No need to turn microphone permissions off anymore :smile:

    I was hoping that would be fixed but I’m still seeing that bug on my ipad ☹️

    Yes, the bug has definitely NOT been fixed still. Fingers crossed for iOS 15.

  • @Gdub said:
    @mikita
    How long have you been running 14.7
    And on which device please

    ipad 8 (2020)
    just installed it yesterday)

  • Has anyone reported the bug to Apple, yet?

  • @MobileMusic said:
    Has anyone reported the bug to Apple, yet?

    A lot of us have, including some devs, with little to no response. This bug is just practically impossible to reproduce reliably.

  • Has it been established that it only happens if TestFlight is installed? It definitely seems to happen mostly when I update a beta, maybe it’s whenever a new au is registered on the machine though - I noticed the other day that when I installed shaper 2 that it didn’t appear in aum until after I’d run the standalone, and then immediately, the au list was empty...

  • @Krupa said:

    • I noticed the other day that when I installed shaper 2 that it didn’t appear in aum until after I’d run the standalone, and then immediately, the au list was empty...

    Most if not app apps should be run in stand-alone at least once before loading the AUv3...
    ...otherwise there might be some 'unexpected' issues, like no presets etc. etc.
    (And well, it gives the app an option to register it self properly with the system).

    So yeah, general good practice is to run the apps that have an AUv3 extension at least once in stand-alone.
    (This has been the case for as long as AUv3's have existed on iOS).

    Cheers!

  • @god said:

    @FordTimeLord said:

    @branis said:
    It looks like the weird bug where the audio engine was not running if you lay down your iPad is fixed too. No need to turn microphone permissions off anymore :smile:

    I was hoping that would be fixed but I’m still seeing that bug on my ipad ☹️

    Yes, the bug has definitely NOT been fixed still. Fingers crossed for iOS 15.

    Yup, I spoke too soon, it’s back 😭

  • I do feel, however, that manually closing AU host apps when not used helps lower the frequency of bug occurrence . Not scientifically proven but just seems like it.

  • @Samu said:

    @Krupa said:

    • I noticed the other day that when I installed shaper 2 that it didn’t appear in aum until after I’d run the standalone, and then immediately, the au list was empty...

    Most if not app apps should be run in stand-alone at least once before loading the AUv3...
    ...otherwise there might be some 'unexpected' issues, like no presets etc. etc.
    (And well, it gives the app an option to register it self properly with the system).

    So yeah, general good practice is to run the apps that have an AUv3 extension at least once in stand-alone.
    (This has been the case for as long as AUv3's have existed on iOS).

    Cheers!

    Cheers Samu, I think that’s well understood by most, but what I was getting at was that it may be simply the process of registering the plugin in the au list that triggers the bug :)

  • @god said:
    I do feel, however, that manually closing AU host apps when not used helps lower the frequency of bug occurrence . Not scientifically proven but just seems like it.

    Makes sense since iOS can force close stuff in the background when it needs the resources so it can simply kick out say an AUv3 from memory while the host remains and thus creates chaos when returning to the host.

    I always save the session and close the apps when I need to do something else...

    It would be kinda ironic if the missing AUv3's and other Audio issues are a result of user-malfunction / user-error :sunglasses:

  • @Krupa said:

    Cheers Samu, I think that’s well understood by most, but what I was getting at was that it may be simply the process of registering the plugin in the au list that triggers the bug :)

    Could be. My suspicion regarding the whole missing AUv3 issues is that that iPadOS simply flushes the AUv3 cache from ram when it needs the resource (or the file gets corrupt) and this cache is only rebuilt when rebooting the device and there's currently no manual way to trigger the rebuilding of the cache...
    (this feature was just recently added to Logic Pro to avoid reboots when installing new plug-ins).

  • edited July 25

    @Samu said:

    @Krupa said:

    • I noticed the other day that when I installed shaper 2 that it didn’t appear in aum until after I’d run the standalone, and then immediately, the au list was empty...

    Most if not app apps should be run in stand-alone at least once before loading the AUv3...
    ...otherwise there might be some 'unexpected' issues, like no presets etc. etc.
    (And well, it gives the app an option to register it self properly with the system).

    So yeah, general good practice is to run the apps that have an AUv3 extension at least once in stand-alone.
    (This has been the case for as long as AUv3's have existed on iOS).

    Cheers!

    This may apply to IAAs.

    I never had to run any standalones prior to using them as AUs inside a host. They always worked by just launching the DAW and using AUs on tracks.

  • @Samu said:

    @Krupa said:

    Cheers Samu, I think that’s well understood by most, but what I was getting at was that it may be simply the process of registering the plugin in the au list that triggers the bug :)

    Could be. My suspicion regarding the whole missing AUv3 issues is that that iPadOS simply flushes the AUv3 cache from ram when it needs the resource (or the file gets corrupt) and this cache is only rebuilt when rebooting the device and there's currently no manual way to trigger the rebuilding of the cache...
    (this feature was just recently added to Logic Pro to avoid reboots when installing new plug-ins).

    That sounds very plausible 👍

  • @MobileMusic said:

    I never had to run any standalones prior to using them as AUs inside a host. They always worked by just launching the DAW and using AUs on tracks.

    They might work directly but in some cases they will miss presets or other things etc.
    As an example you need to run the TAL-UN-O-LX first otherwise you'll have no presets in the AUv3.
    This since it syncs the presets from Files.app into the AUv3.

    Some AUv3's even prompt the user to launch the stand-alone first to do some 'housekeeping'.
    AUv3's the rely on IAPs have to do the 'purchase' in the stand-alone app and then sync the presets to the shared area.

    I always launch all the apps directly after they have been downloaded/installed and its become a habit that keep things running smoothly. (I can count the missing AUv3's thing on one hand since first day iPadOS14 arrived).

    Cheers!

Sign In or Register to comment.