Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Intech controllers -- perfect format, power, size, and price

https://intech.studio/

99-129 USD for 16 buttons or knobs. No "brain-hub" needed. Expandable,
usb-c and class compliant

Comments

• Hot. They could have cleaned the fingermarks off that iPad before taking the photos, though.

• @mistercharlie hahaha nice catch but all my devices are permanently stained by my greasy paws so I understand their plight

These controllers look great, though. I love the idea and they look clean

• Very nice! If I didn’t have my midi fighters

• These are very tempting !

• These look like just what I need*, thanks. Just tried to order one and the place order button doesn’t work though. Probably my tracker blocking.

* by need obviously I mean want because shiny

• I love the workflow idea, like the Roli Blocks each device connects and only one usb cord needed!

• That’s a lot of money for those little devices. Think about a Bluetooth speaker or earbuds or whatever. These are so much more. I can think of a few reasons why they are but I can also think of a few why they could be a lot cheaper. Missed opportunity imo.

• edited July 2021

@CapnWillie said:
    If they work well and are durable I think they’re pretty cheap. Curious to hear reviews from users before I buy which is imminent pending said good reviews.

Where is there anything even remotely comparable available for less cash? Serious question. Please let me know so I can grab em.

Yeah these are half the price of the Midi Fighter Twister and 3D, although MF are much more robust with features. I love the modular aspect of the InTech devices. They took interesting features from MF and Roli to make a brilliant modular control system! I could see replicating soft synth interfaces with these to create hardware control surfaces. My mind is going bonkers with 💡 At this price point I wouldn’t be surprised if they sell out soon.

• @CapnWillie said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@CapnWillie said:
    If they work well and are durable I think they’re pretty cheap. Curious to hear reviews from users before I buy which is imminent pending said good reviews.

Where is there anything even remotely comparable available for less cash? Serious question. Please let me know so I can grab em.

Yeah these are half the price of the Midi Fighter Twister and 3D, although MF are much more robust with features. I love the modular aspect of the InTech devices. They took interesting features from MF and Roli to make a brilliant modular control system! I could see replicating soft synth interfaces with these to create hardware control surfaces. My mind is going bonkers with 💡 At this price point I wouldn’t be surprised if they sell out soon.

Yeah MF Twister is bomb. Worth extra bread iMO. Someone here hooked me up with a promo code for a huge discount off one last year. I’m eying one of these Intechs for the road bag plus I like how the knob and fader can connect like roli blocks.

😂 That was me! I love my Midi Fighters too! Well worth the money. I’m fantasizing about a 64 next.

• I have MF Twistors as well, but these look tempting, since they are modular/portable and you can connect multiple devices with one USB cable. They are also cheaper than MF Twistors.

• edited July 2021

Maybe InTech will make special white body versions eventually. I love the MF for their look as well, they are like a work of art. So beautiful!

• edited July 2021

Their Instagram is inspiring… seeing the development and manufacturing processes:

https://instagram.com/intechstudio?utm_medium=copy_link

These module concepts look amazing!

Maybe they’ll eventually create an MPE module!!!

• edited July 2021

@CapnWillie said:
    I’m just happy to see new portable controller options. I could never understand why there were so few options considering all the new (mobile) software innovation. It’s like controllers have been stuck in concrete. Especially knob/fader options. This is super welcome and won’t crack the bank. Thanks again for posting this 🔥

I know right? Roli almost created a midi modular system with their Blocks, but InTech is doing it right and made it affordable. I look forward to future modules! I reached out to them on Instagram and asked about an MPE module. The developer said it might be possible to implement it in the XY module. 🤩

• They seem to have added beta support for 14-bit MIDI, which would give you 16k points in range using NRPN MSB/LSB vs the standard 127 in 7-bit mode.

Does anyone who actually knows about MIDI care to explain to the rest of us?

• wimwim
    edited July 2021

@ashh said:
    That’s a lot of money for those little devices. Think about a Bluetooth speaker or earbuds or whatever. These are so much more. I can think of a few reasons why they are but I can also think of a few why they could be a lot cheaper. Missed opportunity imo.

Having done a lot of looking into component prices, I'd say making them a lot cheaper would be very, very difficult. The only way to bring the prices down significantly would be mass production - and I'm talking thousands of units. And that's just component costs. Ad in labor costs and other cost of doing business and it would be crazy hard to make these cheaper.

• edited July 2021

@wim said:

@ashh said:
    That’s a lot of money for those little devices. Think about a Bluetooth speaker or earbuds or whatever. These are so much more. I can think of a few reasons why they are but I can also think of a few why they could be a lot cheaper. Missed opportunity imo.

Having done a lot of looking into component prices, I'd say making them a lot cheaper would be very, very difficult. The only way to bring the prices down significantly would be mass production - and I'm talking thousands of units. And that's just component costs. Ad in labor costs and other cost of doing business and it would be crazy hard to make these cheaper.

From the looks of things on Instagram the units are handmade and parts are high quality.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@wim said:

@ashh said:

From the looks of things on Instagram the units are handmade and parts are high quality.

Yeh, just adding up what I figure the components are, I'm actually impressed that they're at the price point that they are. I've done some controller builds of my own, so I have a pretty good idea of what's available and what things cost.

• @CapnWillie said:
    Site won’t let me buy one so I’m calling big cap until I can lol

Oh man, why not?

• edited July 2021

@CapnWillie said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@CapnWillie said:
    Site won’t let me buy one so I’m calling big cap until I can lol

Oh man, why not?

The website and shopping cart is finnicky. Finally got it to work and it tried to charge me for 11 units. Was able to finally get one of each knob/fader units. Shipping is $27 so I guess it’s coming from Mars or something.

We’ll see 🤷🏽‍♂️

😂 I know I kept pressing add to cart and when I went to the cart I had like $5000 worth of devices 😆 The add to cart button does not respond like normal unless you go into the product page itself. I’ll send the developers a note on Instagram.

• edited July 2021

Yea the website isn’t the best, functionally.

Having built a controller myself - it’s not a trivial task to do it well, so they have that part down.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@wim said:

@ashh said:

Handmade can be shorthand for better quality but I sometimes think that it can be a shortcut to getting a unit from that time when your maker was having an argument with their partner.

I hear you, @wim but I’m not sure that there’s simply no way to make these cheaper without an enormous manufacturing run. Anyway, I’d quite like to try them out. I’d love it if they offered them as a kit.

• I've tried to buy these things now in 6 different browsers on 3 different devices, with and without tracker blocking, and not one of them will let me click the Pay Now button.

• I emailed them about it, so if anyone else finds they're having the same problem, apparently it's because phone number is a required field. Managed to order now!

• @drcongo said:
    I emailed them about it, so if anyone else finds they're having the same problem, apparently it's because phone number is a required field. Managed to order now!

Lol

• My Intech controller has arrived. It feels nicely built, in a 3D printed enclosure with good tactile knobs, faders and buttons, though sadly I've not been able to put it through its paces much yet because I can't work out how to connect my iPad to multiple things at once.

Note for anyone buying outside of Romania - I got charged taxes by DHL before they would deliver it which bumps the cost up a little.

• edited August 2021

@drcongo said:
    My Intech controller has arrived. It feels nicely built, in a 3D printed enclosure with good tactile knobs, faders and buttons, though sadly I've not been able to put it through its paces much yet because I can't work out how to connect my iPad to multiple things at once.

Note for anyone buying outside of Romania - I got charged taxes by DHL before they would deliver it which bumps the cost up a little.

Do you have a USB hub with multiple ports and a data cable? Plug the data cable to Apple camera adapter.

• It's all USB-C / Thunderbolt here so I don't need the camera adapter. It's just a mystery how to have them all connected and working at once.

• edited August 2021

@drcongo said:
    It's all USB-C / Thunderbolt here so I don't need the camera adapter. It's just a mystery how to have them all connected and working at once.

Ah, gotcha. So when you magnetically connect them all they don’t all power up and show on your iPad?

• @Stuntman_mike I think you may have missed the link in my earlier post, this is my connection woes: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/46368/the-perils-of-usb-c-thunderbolt

No fault of the Intechs, just my own slow brain.