Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pleasant surprise - cheap mini USB C hub works with headphone adapter on iPad Pro!

This might be common knowledge, but I couldn’t find anything on here with a quick search - I was playing with my iPad Pro just now and wanted to connect both a USB MIDI controller and headphones via the USB C to 3.5mm adapter... thought I was stuck but thought I’d try the cheap 3 port USB C hub I bought for my laptop, which has a USB C port for charging, and to my surprise, the headphones work perfectly through the USB C port on the hub!

I was surprised because I thought this port was only for power input for charging. It’s quite a nice looking and very compact hub so I’m pleased with this discovery!

This is the hub: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08V18B23X?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details (uni USB C Hub Adapter, 4-in-1 Aluminum USB Type C to USB Adapter)

Comments

• Just checked the Amazon listing and it says “Note: The USB-C PD Port only for "charging in", can't transfer data” so who knows, but it works!

• Thanks. Bookmarked for when I go Pro or Air4 (still rocking lightning port and headphone socket for the time being)

• @FPC said:
    Thanks. Bookmarked for when I go Pro or Air4 (still rocking lightning port and headphone socket for the time being)

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH

iPhone 6s
    iPad 2
    iPad Pro 9.8
    iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen.
    iPad Air 3

All with headphone jack :-) :-) :-)

But the Hub is nice