Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OP-1 USB audio delay/latency into Ableton

I’m connecting the OP-1 to Ableton via USB (for audio), and I’m getting a delay, and I don’t understand why.

When I compare it to the sound from the OP-1’s own speaker, there’s a short delay.

When I send the audio into a separate USB audio interface, from the OP-1’s audiojack, there’s no latency.

Any ideas? Or fixes?

Comments

• Could you be using a different audio buffer size for the different interfaces?

• I’m using Rogue Amoeba’s Loopback to create an aggregate device, so they’re all connected at one. As far as I can tell, I think that means they all use the same buffer size.

• edited July 2021

@mistercharlie said:
    I’m using Rogue Amoeba’s Loopback

That could be the cause of the delay.

Is there any reason you’re not using an aggregate device in the audio Midi app?

• @klownshed I’ve also tried it direct, selecting OP-1 directly as the input in Ableton. Same problem.

• @mistercharlie said:
    I’m connecting the OP-1 to Ableton via USB (for audio), and I’m getting a delay, and I don’t understand why.

When I compare it to the sound from the OP-1’s own speaker, there’s a short delay.

When I send the audio into a separate USB audio interface, from the OP-1’s audiojack, there’s no latency.

Any ideas? Or fixes?

Try it as a non-aggregate device for comparison. In olden times, I found that some aggregate devices had crazy latency and others didn't. I haven't tested it in years. But you should test without the Rogue Amoeba software involved and as a non-aggregate device to see how it behaves on its own.

• @espiegel123 I tried that, and it made no difference. Or very little. I shall keep tweaking things. This seems like a classic problem that will fix itself at some point.

• Are you aware the OP-1 doesn't like playing nicely with anything outside of its own metal casing?
    :wink:

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Are you aware the OP-1 doesn't like playing nicely with anything outside of its own metal casing?
    :wink:

Painfully aware ;)