Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are you sat on?

What do you park your butt on when you sit at your (midi) keyboard?

Background: i have a midi piano i never use because i get back pain from the stool. What do people use?

Comments

  • The wife.

    In all seriousness I actually prefer to stand - which is probably because I suffer from back problems and I am more comfortable standing generally, even if its for hours. I do have a spinning office chair designed for bad backs which I use for working at the computer & if more comfortable on a particular day I will use that when at my keyboard stand.

  • edited July 22

    Man, I’ve been looking for a good desk chair for a while. Can’t have arms, cause I need to play guitar, and I don’t want a rolly chair because those suck if you’re not in an office and don’t need to rotate and push to grab a paperclip.

    Right now I’m using a patio chair. It sucks because of the arms, which makes it a nuisance and unwieldy. The color gets me in the mood though so it’s not all bad. But I need something ASAP. Classy but affordable.

    Yeah, I also need to finally get my floor and paint done. Baby steps. Times like these make me realize I should prioritize the house over music. But eh, I’m single, screw it.

  • edited July 22

    I’m sitting on a wooden floor. It’s not fancy but it gets the job done. LOL. Been making music this way for decades.

  • @NeuM said:
    I’m sitting on a wooden floor. It’s not fancy but it gets the job done. LOL. Been making music this way for decades.

    Man I used to love sitting on the floor. Then the circulation to my feet got bad. Turning mid-30s sucks

  • @oat_phipps said:

    @NeuM said:
    I’m sitting on a wooden floor. It’s not fancy but it gets the job done. LOL. Been making music this way for decades.

    Man I used to love sitting on the floor. Then the circulation to my feet got bad. Turning mid-30s sucks

    I guess I’m lucky. I counter my long bouts of immobility with regular exercise, including walking and running, so maybe it’s a wash overall.

  • @mangecoeur said:
    What do you park your butt on when you sit at your (midi) keyboard?

    Background: i have a midi piano i never use because i get back pain from the stool. What do people use?

    The edge of anything

  • Couch or recliner usually. Sometimes the “throne”.

  • @NeuM said:

    @oat_phipps said:

    @NeuM said:
    I’m sitting on a wooden floor. It’s not fancy but it gets the job done. LOL. Been making music this way for decades.

    Man I used to love sitting on the floor. Then the circulation to my feet got bad. Turning mid-30s sucks

    I guess I’m lucky. I counter my long bouts of immobility with regular exercise, including walking and running, so maybe it’s a wash overall.

    I do that too, just got the bad genes I guess.

  • I'm still trying to get used to people saying things like "what are you sat on?" rather than "what are you sitting on?"
    'we were stood on...'. rather than 'we were standing on...' etc. I'd say 'sat' in the context of "we sat near the exit", but not 'we WERE SAT near the exit.'
    From out here in the colonies it sounded like something you might hear from a more rural English situation, but it seems to be common usage in England now, though I don't think I've heard it from elsewhere. Anyone else notice this, or things like this?
    Having said that, I am currently sat on my bed. lol.

  • DavDav
    edited July 22

    I play piano/keyboard every day on jobs and use a Proline memory foam bench when the gig place doesn’t have a piano stool. I can’t get chairs at the right height, and cant get them close enough to the keyboard to play comfortable because the chair arms. Chairs also force me to lean back too much, and when leaning forward can hurt after awhile under my legs at the chairs edge. If you aren’t at a good position you can get uncomfortable quick playing keyboard.

    Dav

  • :lol: Someone had to.

    Me, I sit on my couch or my desk chair. Sometimes the bed.

    @NeuM said:
    I’m sitting on a wooden floor. It’s not fancy but it gets the job done. LOL. Been making music this way for decades.

    Sounds like how Jeff Mills produces music.

    Although he kneels rather than sits. The man is not mortal.

Sign In or Register to comment.