Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gain Stage Acoustic - Make Your Electric Guitar Sound Like an Acoustic

Another brilliant App from Blue Mangoo.
Gain Stage Acoustic is an Acoustic Amp & an Acoustic Simulator.
It's very Cool Beans.

Comments

• Sounds great! Thanks for the demo.

• @richardyot You're very welcome, it's a cool and useful App

• edited July 2021

Bought it immediately, as I’m always looking for ways to create more convincing/realistic sounding guitars but still have them be editable in MIDI.

My biggest reservation with guitar simulations (in general…this is not a comment on the app here) is that very few guitar simulations are able to properly simulate picking, strumming, muting properties and chugging. Except for highly detailed sampled instruments, it seems there are no mathematical models available which answer all of these performance challenges. I keep hoping that Audio Modeling or Yonac will answer the challenge, but so far no takers.

• ... it seems there are no mathematical models available which answer all of these performance challenges.

Every player has some individual variations of touching guitar strings, which is a fairly complex kind of movement.

But there isn‘t even a recipe for exact reproduction of spruce tops.
    I once played a dozen Martin X-series guitars in a shop and not 2 of them sounded or reacted identical.
    The only „natural“ parts of X-series guitars are their spruce tops.
    All the rest is from laminated compound materials recycled from factory waste which may be considered equal and constant.

• edited July 2021

@NeuM said:
    Bought it immediately, as I’m always looking for ways to create more convincing/realistic sounding guitars but still have them be editable in MIDI.

My biggest reservation with guitar simulations (in general…this is not a comment on the app here) is that very few guitar simulations are able to properly simulate picking, strumming, muting properties and chugging. Except for highly detailed sampled instruments, it seems there are no mathematical models available which answer all of these performance challenges. I keep hoping that Audio Modeling or Yonac will answer the challenge, but so far no takers.

Audio Modeling will not go in guitar modeling or whatever plucked-strings instruments. It’s not on their roadmap.
    Best expectation goes to Yonac with a possible Steel Guitar v3 and moForte who will soon introduce their v1.5 plucked-strings model (currently, GeoShred is running v1.1).

• @Paulo164 said:

@NeuM said:

Audio Modeling will not go in guitar modeling or whatever plucked-strings instruments. It’s not on their roadmap.
    Best expectation goes to Yonac with a possible Steel Guitar v3 and moForte who will soon introduce their v1.5 plucked-strings model (currently, GeoShred is running v1.1).

-Is there a roadmap from Audio Modeling?

-It really is a 2 company race at this point (Yonac and moForte). Where have you seen moForte mention they are working on some kind of plucked string update, by the way?

• @NeuM said:

On their website -> Community
    https://community.audiomodeling.com/

-It really is a 2 company race at this point (Yonac and moForte). Where have you seen moForte mention they are working on some kind of plucked string update, by the way?

Look for moForte’s comments in « Who loves GeoShred ? » thread (by the way, you were part of it) :
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/963942#Comment_963942

• @Paulo164 said:

@NeuM said:

On their website -> Community
    https://community.audiomodeling.com/

Look for moForte’s comments in « Who loves GeoShred ? » thread (by the way, you were part of it) :
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/963942#Comment_963942

Your memory is obviously better than mine. :)