Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Imaschine 2. Native Instruments WHY???

I really love this app until I I finish the 4th track. Can we get 4 more? Hell, 2 more?
The sounds are top notch and if you are a power user, sampling is actually not so bad, but I feel silly calling myself a power user with 4 tracks. I have bought all the expansions and every once an a while I'll just track out, but its so tedious. Its 2021 Native Instruments. Give us more tracks. Hell, I'll pay for them. I own Beathawk which sounds great and more tracks and sampling as well, but the workflow is a little strange for me. I guess I just need a good tutorial on it. Anyone knows a good one?

Comments

• @Imhodef said:
    I really love this app until I I finish the 4th track. Can we get 4 more? Hell, 2 more?
    The sounds are top notch and if you are a power user, sampling is actually not so bad, but I feel silly calling myself a power user with 4 tracks. I have bought all the expansions and every once an a while I'll just track out, but its so tedious. Its 2021 Native Instruments. Give us more tracks. Hell, I'll pay for them. I own Beathawk which sounds great and more tracks and sampling as well, but the workflow is a little strange for me. I guess I just need a good tutorial on it. Anyone knows a good one?

I’d pay for more tracks and CORE MIDI!!!!!!!! It’s so sad that we can’t use a midi keyboard to play the keyboard and synth patches. It’s 2021 and no midi ??????!!!!!!!

• Haha NI got cold feet with that one…just like Apple got cold feet an arrested GarageBand development.

• And…

• NI probably found that iOS wasn't an effective use of its staff and funds.

• edited July 2021

@espiegel123 said:
    NI probably found that iOS wasn't an effective use of its staff and funds.

Good point. Apple is a threat to NI’s user base. To continue developing an app that would increase iOS usage is counterproductive to some degree. Although I feel NI has a lot more to gain supporting iOS with iMaschine updates, selling more sample packs and sell more Mikros by allowing it to interface with iPadOS.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@espiegel123 said:

Good point. Apple is a threat to NI’s user base. To continue developing an app that would increase iOS usage is counterproductive to some degree. Although I feel NI has a lot more to gain supporting iOS with iMaschine updates, selling more sample packs and sell more Mikros by allowing it to interface with iPadOS.

I don't think Apple or iOS is a threat to NI's base. iOS app development simply isn't very lucrative. Also, NI overextended itself and did a fair amount of belt-tightening several years ago.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@espiegel123 said:

I don't think Apple or iOS is a threat to NI's base. iOS app development simply isn't very lucrative. Also, NI overextended itself and did a fair amount of belt-tightening several years ago.

Gotcha!

• @espiegel123 said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@espiegel123 said:

I’ve always thought that was the most likely reason they haven’t returned to it. I just wish they would make a statement on its future one way or the other rather than leave everyone wondering if there’s going to be any more significant development.

• @michael_m said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@espiegel123 said:

I’ve always thought that was the most likely reason they haven’t returned to it. I just wish they would make a statement on its future one way or the other rather than leave everyone wondering if there’s going to be any more significant development.

Yeah, feels like they ghosted iOS

• I always felt it was more than likely just a marketing tool. Some companies I worked with back in the day would develop apps purely out of their marketing budgets mainly to just gain brand awareness

• NI = Not Interested...

• @Samu said:
    NI = Not Interested...

:lol:

True though…

• @Samu said:
    NI = Not Interested...

👏👏

• @ervin said:

@Samu said:
    NI = Not Interested...

👏👏

Seems like IiMaschine is gone from the store...

• Not surprised considering how NI continually ignored all feature requests and support issues.

I guess they’ve been waiting for a while to quietly remove it from the store.

• edited September 2022

@michael_m said:
    Not surprised considering how NI continually ignored all feature requests and support issues.

I guess they’ve been waiting for a while to quietly remove it from the store.

The same story with development of Maschine Plus.
    NI seems to encounter some hard to understand obstacles when the competition (Akai) is significantly enriching the software capability of its standalone units with every update.

And it’s not complaining just straight on the truth.