Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shaper - Synthesizer Major 1.1 Update by AutumnRock

iOS Version: https://apps.apple.com/app/shaper-synthesizer/id1536713443
Android Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.autumnrockdev.shaper

[Major 1.1 Update]

• Improved ENV & LFO.

• "Free-running” LFOs and the addition of “triplet” and “dotted” modes.
    • Envelope graphs now have animated cursors showing their current positions.
  • Improved routing system.

• A new routings overview page to see all the active modulation assignments.
  • New visual indicator around knobs showing the range of modulations.

• Added the ability to sync tempo to host.

• Added BPM synced delay.
  • Improved DSP in the core audio engine.
  • Other minor UX improvements.

Special thanks to everyone who has previously given us feedback on this forum. This is just the first of many updates that will be coming out in the future. Stay tuned!

Comments

• Great news!! About to give the updates a test drive!

• That's one solid update!

I do wonder if PWM is among the features that will be coming out in the future?
    The LFOs are top-notch and the new routings over-view is a very welcome addition.

Here's some Shaper LFO 'abuse' :sunglasses:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ditte1qxd0538j/shaper.mp4?dl=0

More apps need LFO's like Shaper Synth hehe...

• @Samu
    I do wonder if PWM is among the features that will be coming out in the future?
    Here's some Shaper LFO 'abuse' :sunglasses:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ditte1qxd0538j/shaper.mp4?dl=0

Nice! Glad you like the update.

And yes, PWM is one of the things on my mind. I have a few ideas, just need to decide on the most elegant way to incorporate PWM into the existing system.

• Waiting for a vid..

• Bought it and like some aspects of it right away. Will try to distill my aggravations and annoyances later.

• @NeuM said:
    Bought it and like some aspects of it right away. Will try to distill my aggravations and annoyances later.

It does have it’s share of ’things’ for sure…

Even at minumum attack time there’s a short ’fade in’ which is quite noticeable when using an envelope to control the filter cutoff. At slower rates the LFO even when set to snap ’interpolates’ between the points, but that might be by design.

Also the LFO can go faster than the 20hz limit when using sync at 1/128.
    (The faster speeda can be used creatively for ring mod type effects among other things).
    Beats me why there are ’artificial’ limits for parameters.

It’s still a fun synth and it’s nice to see the devloper keeping it alive 😎

• edited July 2021

@NeuM

Appreciate the support! Feel free to let me know if you run into any pain points while using the synth. Would be happy to have them addressed in future updates as long as I can work them in without affecting the backward compatibility for older patches.

• @AutumnRock said:
    @NeuM

Appreciate the support! Feel free to let me know if you run into any pain points while using the synth. Would be happy to have them addressed in future updates as long as I can work them in without affecting the backward compatibility for older patches.

You got it. Thanks for the response.

• @NeuM Welcome 👍

• I mis the posibility to assign midi Channel, When I am using the stand alene app.
    I need it for my live setup.

• @AutumnRock Are any more updates coming? It's a cool synth, but so far it has only had the one.

• Would hate to see this synth fall into irrelevance because it hasn’t been refined in quite some time. There are many features I’d like to see improved and I’d still really like to see it optimized for use as a plugin and standalone for desktop.

• @Darkstring @NeuM
    Are there any particular features you would like to see?

• In case anyone hasn't seen this, we are doing a sale on Shaper-Synth this weekend!

• @AutumnRock said:
    @Darkstring @NeuM

I was mostly referring to your original statement:
    “ Special thanks to everyone who has previously given us feedback on this forum. This is just the first of many updates that will be coming out in the future. Stay tuned!”
    Since I don’t own it yet, I don’t have a lot of constructive feedback. Merely doing pre-purchase homework :smile:

• @Darkstring
    Ah, I see. At the moment, we are working around the clock on our other app MusicPutty (a big update is coming soon to that one). Once that is done, we hope to get something out for Shaper.

• edited November 2023

@AutumnRock said:
    @Darkstring @NeuM

1: I'd like to see your synth brought to macOS (both as standalone and as an Audio Unit), available through the App Store. Whether you would offer a desktop version to current iPadOS owners of the synth for free (like some of your competitors do today) or sell it as a separate purchase would of course be your choice.

2: I'd like to see a lot more presets. I know this synth is capable of some great sounds.

3: Presets should be able to be shared with others. Need patch import and export.

4: I'd like to see the UI refreshed for desktop so you can see all of the envelopes and LFO's at a glance instead of on separate screens.

5: I'd like to see you add a Mod wheel on the left side of the keyboard layout, not just a Pitch wheel.

6: I'd like to see you add features like aftertouch and MPE for greater expressive possibilities.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

• @NeuM
    Appreciate the suggestions. We will take them into account for the next update.

Regarding patch import and export. you should be able to do that in the current version.

• edited November 2023

@AutumnRock said:
    @NeuM
    Appreciate the suggestions. We will take them into account for the next update.

Regarding patch import and export. you should be able to do that in the current version.

That doesn't even appear in the app for me. I guess you should add to the list "test on more devices"?

• Considering grabbing this during the sale. Never got around to it. Does it do anything different from other VA offerings? It seems like it sounds great though.

• edited November 2023

@NeuM

That's because you are looking at a factory bank. Factory banks are not meant to be modified. You can only import and export patches into user banks.

• @HotStrange
    Shaper has a very robust modulation system. If you enjoy modulating things, this is the synth for you. Here is a video by Jakob Haq covering version 1.1 if you haven't checked it out.

• edited November 2023

@AutumnRock said:
    @NeuM

That's because you are looking at a factory bank. Factory banks are not meant to be modified. You can only import and export patches into user banks.

Yes, this is something which needs to change. If I change a factory patch I should be able to save it to my own User patches area. There's no option for that? At least it's not obvious if it is an option.

• edited November 2023

@NeuM said:

@AutumnRock said:
    @NeuM

Yes, this is something which needs to change. If I change a factory patch I should be able to save it to my own User patches area. There's no option for that? At least it's not obvious if it is an option.

@NeuM
    You can do that.

We have a pdf manual on our website if you want to check it out. (under "Manual and Credits")
    https://autumnrock.dev/shaper/

• @AutumnRock said:

@NeuM said:

@AutumnRock said:
    @NeuM

@NeuM
    You can do that.

>

We have a pdf manual on our website if you want to check it out. (under "Manual and Credits")
    https://autumnrock.dev/shaper/

Ah. I forgot about that hidden function. That should not be hidden. Tapping on the "Shaper" in the upper left is not intuitive.

I'm giving you some honest feedback right now and I hope you'll take these suggestions in the spirit in which they are offered. This is a great synth and it has many things going for it, but there are also a number of things which need to be improved to make it easier for the user.

• @NeuM
    "Tapping on the "Shaper" in the upper left is not intuitive."

Yes, that's a pain point on our radar. We will do something about it.

• @AutumnRock said:
    @NeuM
    "Tapping on the "Shaper" in the upper left is not intuitive."

Yes, that's a pain point on our radar. We will do something about it.

Thank you.

• @NeuM Welcome and we appreciate your honest feedback! <3

• @AutumnRock said:
    @HotStrange
    Shaper has a very robust modulation system. If you enjoy modulating things, this is the synth for you. Here is a video by Jakob Haq covering version 1.1 if you haven't checked it out.

Hey thanks! I just finished watching that actually lol. I didn’t realize the amount of depth to the LFOs and EGs. Probably about to grab it, it looks great!