Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sorrow for our friends in Germany, Belgium and Holland

edited July 2021 in Other

Please tell us what’s happening where you live. All ok, I hope! Before...

After...

Elsewhere...

Comments

• Oh my... Sending all my love to them
    So sad about those gone. Hope our friends here are ok at least

• Sad stuff. Thoughts are with those affected.

• A few more photos from Germany:

• edited July 2021

I pray to the Good Lord above that he watches over his Children at this time and that everyone gets the help and support they need.

Bless you Lord for your compassion and Grace during times like these. Give our Brothers and Sisters All that they need 🙏🏼💕

Be their anchor and light in these troubled times My Lord.

Amen.

• For the love of all our children, we need to learn to love our home.

• Hey @LinearLineman, Belgium here. Turns out we don't live close to the affected regions, so all we saw was some monsoon-looking rain and ankle-deep water on the terrace in the morning. It didn't even seep into the house.

During lunchtime, I had to drive to the hospital to get my second covid jab and was surprised to see that some roads were closed from traffic. We only found out what was happening in the afternoon, which immediately put my closed-road annoyances in quite some perspective...

By that time we were all trying to find out where exactly the flood was and calling friends to make sure they were okay. The communities started organising, mobile data was made free, there was action all around.

In the end, we didn't get it quite as bad as Holland or esp Germany, but some areas suffered. Here's a photo from a small town about an hour's drive from our place - to the casual viewer, it may look like normal parking in Paris, but in fact it was done by the water:

• This is happening about 20 minutes from where I live. Really terrible. My home is not near any of the dangerous river areas, so we just had a night of torrential rain (sounded like freight trains kept passing by really nearby) but no real problems.

This is bad. Sudden extreme weather is becoming a pattern. :/

• edited July 2021

@ervin said:
    Here's a photo from a small town about an hour's drive from our place - to the casual viewer, it may look like normal parking in Paris, but in fact it was done by the water:

😂

Germany here. In a city, no trouble here. Weather is going crazy in the world. I don’t think I’m ever going to live near the coast, a river, or anywhere but up a hill from now on.

• edited July 2021

I’m in Berlin. We have sunshine and 27 C all the time - no signs of heavy rain. The most affected region is 600 km away, but yesterday first heavy rain induced flooding happened just 200 km away. 3 years ago we also had unusually heavy rain in Berlin - nothing so bad but it was pushing cars around. I’m 53 and I cannot recall such flooding caused by rain at any time in past decades. It started about 6-8 years ago. Flooding by rivers yes but not because of rain.

There are general elections in Germany in September. You know, Merkel is leaving office. This will have quite an impact on the elections. I can’t believe how the conservative press still doesn’t accept the obvious. Instead they write that the new government should focus on building flood protection instead of taking care of the climate change. The truth is that we need both.

Yesterday the chancellor candidate of Merkel‘s party was caught laughing backstage while Germany‘s president (only representative president) held a speech that expressed compassion with the victim‘s families. Oh my…. 110 dead and counting, still hundreds are missing.

• edited July 2021

My thoughts go out to all those that have perished, and to people who have lost their homes and businesses. So sad, climate change is real and can affect us all. This should be a wake up call to these in power.

• personally not affected, except for 5 cm of water in the basement. But just 15 km from my home there is great damage. No electricity, no drinking water, ...! Great solidarity in the area, many private individuals and companies help and donate, but, as I had to read this morning, also looting!

The day after!

• Stay well everyone.

• Our thoughts and very best wishes to our Northern European cousins from southern Spain

• 🙏🏾

• Oh my what destruction to lives, location and their dearest possessions. My heart goes out to them. Surely now no one can deny Gobal Warming?

• @Toastedghost said:
    Oh my what destruction to lives, location and their dearest possessions. My heart goes out to them. Surely now no one can deny Gobal Warming?

Well, it requires about the same cognitive effort, and mindset, as denying the efficacy of covid vaccines, so a lot of people can and do deny it. 🤷

• @ervin said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Oh my what destruction to lives, location and their dearest possessions. My heart goes out to them. Surely now no one can deny Gobal Warming?

Well, it requires about the same cognitive effort, and mindset, as denying the efficacy of covid vaccines, so a lot of people can and do deny it. 🤷

In fact, one of our most vocal group of Covid-deniers/conspiracy nutters has just held a "press conference" where they declared that the floodings were probably a hoax.

I weep for humanity.

• edited July 2021

@brambos said:

@ervin said:

@Toastedghost said:

In fact, one of our most vocal group of Covid-deniers/conspiracy nutters has just held a "press conference" where they declared that the floodings were probably a hoax.

I weep for humanity.

Dire. The overlap is close to a perfect circle.

Needless to say it strongly correlates with anti-BLM and "anti-knee-taking" sentiments as well. Usually a one-stop-shop, really. 😶

• edited July 2021

If everyone were on the same page and saw it as a dire human caused issue that is only going to get worse, what are the solutions? Laws restricting X, Y, Z, etc?

• @brambos said:

@ervin said:

@Toastedghost said:

I weep for humanity.

Unbelievable.
    The good thing is that it's easy to confront them with the hard reality.
    No room for arguments.

• @AudioGus said:
    If everyone were on the same page and saw it as a dire human caused issue that is only going to get worse, what are the solutions? Laws restricting X, Y, Z, etc?

Exactly. Heavy reductions in petrol vehicles, perhaps taxes on airplane fuel, cars out of cities, etc. The money behind all these industries is too powerful though. Germany has a massive manufacturing economy, including a powerful and rich car industry.

If you make laws to shut these down, regular people lose jobs, and vote against the politicians behind it.

It’s such a hard problem. As a species we can’t keep flying on cheap vacations, or buying water bottled on the other side of the world. But who wants to give up these “rights”? As individuals we can do very little. And if we use taxes to regulate stuff like airlines, then it just means that only the rich can fly. Etc.

• We have to stop increasing carbon emissions and recycle the energy that has been unleashed into the biosphere.

• edited July 2021

THIS will have consequences. I hope all Germans think very deeply whom they vote for in September. First Corona, now the flooding. The German government funded a pandemic simulation in 2013. Result was that the country is not prepared well enough. Nothing happened.

Now they had been warned of the flood days in advance but there was no proper reaction!!! 😵 This government totally failed to tackle catastrophes. I cannot express how angry I am. 👿👹👺

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/germany-knew-the-floods-were-coming-but-the-warnings-didnt-work-cn99wjxzs

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/19/german-villages-could-be-left-with-no-drinking-water-after-floods

• @krassmann said:
    THIS will have consequences. I hope all Germans think very deeply whom they vote for in September. First Corona, now the flooding. The German government funded a pandemic simulation in 2013. Result was that the country is not prepared well enough. Nothing happened.

Now they had been warned of the flood days in advance but there was no proper reaction!!! 😵 This government totally failed to tackle catastrophes. I cannot express how angry I am. 👿👹👺

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/germany-knew-the-floods-were-coming-but-the-warnings-didnt-work-cn99wjxzs

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/19/german-villages-could-be-left-with-no-drinking-water-after-floods

My heart fills with sorrow, after the anger subsides, because humanity needs to learn from it’s past, to tackle what is obviously before and ahead of us, requires nothing but the unity of all humanity.