Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

“Add Another Layer” (AAL) Thread for making Collaborative Musical Snowballs

McDMcD
edited July 2021 in Creations

Upload a loop, audio or MIDI segment for someone to be inspired to wrap or add another layer or generate another track.

For example add to this wave and upload the results - collectively we can make some Musical Snowballs.

NOTE: There's a limit to file size that can be uploaded into the Forum. When that boundary
is crossed you may have to load the file into a cloud service or Music service like SoundCloud, etc.

Comments

• I added some Mid Eastern Drummer:

• McDMcD
    edited July 2021

I added Dueling Flautists using GeoShred and the SWAM Flute IAP - the file is too large to upload into the Forum so... SoundCloud to the rescue for a persistent content service.

• I want to mess with this when I get off work today. Can you tell me what key we’re in?

• @insight said:
    I want to mess with this when I get off work today. Can you tell me what key we’re in?

C major - BPM 120

I think I might put up a wav with a different drummer.

Feel free to post a "seed" wave stem.

• McDMcD
    edited July 2021

Hopefully, we see some more players joining into today.
    (This is blatant page climbing post).

• A Funky Seedling:

• This is a good idea for a thread. How many people were familiar with or members of “iCompositions.com” when it used to exist? That place was for new music and, specifically a place where people collaborated on songs together.

• @McD said:
    I added some Mid Eastern Drummer:

I like it but I'm too chops-deprived to lock in; I can barely feel the clave. Lumbeat fills and I don’t get along. The funk beat is speaking to me though.

• I saw this Musical Snowball thing and, as Carol Burnett once said, "I saw it in the window and I couldn't resist".
    @McD, I doubt if this is what you had in mind, but it's what I came up with after a few cold pops on my back porch.
    This is a tribute to Clint Eastwood's 'Gran Torino' - one of my all time favorites.
    I left a few bars of the Mid Eastern Drummer as an intro and outro, just in case anybody actually wants to expand on it.

• Had to resist GeoShredding over the top of this so have just added a bit of drone and strings over @Mcd’ s Soundcloud offering to let somebody else add their bits

• @Paulieworld said:
    @McD, I doubt if this is what you had in mind

No. That’s what I was hoping to hear… you added layers and layers of
    interesting material.

• @GeoTony said:
    Had to resist GeoShredding over the top of this so have just added a bit of drone and strings over @Mcd’ s Soundcloud offering to let somebody else add their bits

Beautiful addition with drone and strings.
    “Chill & Get on My Cloud, Clint”.

• McDMcD
    edited July 2021

Here’s a wave file of instruments that can be chopped and overlayed
    And a composite file I made in AUM by loading 3 instances and staggering the start. I rendered the instruments in StaffPad and had to slim down file sizes to < 20MB.

4/4 BMP 120 Key A Minor

• I pulled everything into Cubasis and added DrumComputer and FX.

• Here's an 'elaboration' of your Funky Seedling. I basically just kept your loop going and ran it through various filters and effects, sliced and diced, then reassembled it in Multitrack Recorder. Sprinkled with a bit of sampled bits.

• I love the beautiful contortions of the audio and the “Audiobus” vocalizations.

What FX toys were used?

• @McD said:
    I love the beautiful contortions of the audio and the “Audiobus” vocalizations.

What FX toys were used?

Thanks! I had intended to just record over the loop you made but I had been trying out various delays and other ways to alter the beats themselves so I started playing with Flux Mini which resulted in interesting counter rhythms; then also altering the EQ with LRC5 and F-16 filter. I recorded some results and then ran those through Koala FX which lets me play with controls like a kind of instrument. Pitch, and the ring modulator. I also used the comb filter but sparingly. Then used the beat cutter. Then because of the recent sale I got Bleas Slow Machine and liked that effect with it too.
    I have some leftover ideas I might try out. The seedling was surprisingly fertile.