Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Dead Taste" Minimal Techno/Electro produced in Korg Gadget

edited July 2021 in Creations

Drambo was a fun excursion away from Gadget, but now I'm back into Gadget again, and my obsession with Plastikman music has only gotten worse. 🤒

Today's offering is a piece of Minimal Electro/Techno called "Dead Taste" produced 100% in Gadget and Mastered in Cubasis 3. Dumb random title, but it sorta fits. Here's how the instruments break down...

The sidechain on the sub is driven by an inaudible CHat Detroit in Recife. The kick, clap, and snare are synthesised in Dublin. The closed hi hat is CHat Chicago 1 in Recife.

The subbass is Chiangmai, and the mid bass is Chicago.

The "whingy synth" is Dublin. The occasionally punctuating "alarm" synth is Pompei. And there's a rhythmic synth hidden way in the background, which is Wolfsburg.

Mastered in Cubasis 3 with the usual suspects of MagicDeathEyeStereo, BarkFilter, and TB Barricade.

Be sure to leave a comment below. Cheers and enjoy. :)

Comments

• R_2R_2
    edited July 2021

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    "Dead Taste" … Dumb random title

Some time ago the name generator gave me “White Taste” :D

Nice groove, I think you’re getting better at this style.
    I prefer this Durban kick over the Tokyo one.
    I like the noise-snare rolls at the very end. Wouldn’t have minded if those were introduced earlier (maybe through slow fade-ins/outs?)

• Dead Taste... sounds Covid inspired. Nice track, JWM. Your block seems to have crumbled.

• Awesome minimal track, mate! Really digging the sounds on this one. Good to have you back on gadget :lol:

• @R_2 Thank you so much mate. :) I love the Dublin kicks myself. They're not as sharp and piercing in their attack, and there's more control over the sound and timbre. However, weird as it may seem, Tokyo gives me this aesthetic feeling of playing with a real drum machine. 😂 If that makes any sense. I love both gadgets.

Yeah, that snare is too good to just keep for the end. I saved it as a preset so I can use it again. The original idea with the snare was to have it as the grand finale surprise. 😂

The more I listen to Richie, the more I do seem to improve in this amazing underground Minimal style, but with my own sonic signature and ideas. It really encapsulates living in the downtown of a city if that makes any sense. 😂

@LinearLineman Indeed that block has crumbled thanks to a quick side affair with Drambo. :) Thank you so much for the compliment mate.

@onerez "Hands up, don't stop, raise a bottle of Patrón and drink up. And more cheesy shit said in commercial EDM." 😂

@senhorlampada Thank you so much mate. I'm glad to be back with Gadget again. Drambo was a lot of fun to learn how to use, don't get me wrong, but despite the app being god-tier, it lacks in some areas that I find crucial to how I work, such as smooth automation between p-locks.

I also bet if Drambo does get interpolated automation between p-locks, the automation may turn out to be a bit too perfect and pristine. When I draw in automation in Gadget, I make sure it isn't a completely perfect curve/line in order to add that human touch.

Finally, the creative environments are a completely different aesthetic in each app. Drambo is like a crossover between that modular synth I cut my teeth on in college (minus the cables) and Max for Live/Reaktor. It's a work of art in of itself that one can use to create sound, affect and process sound, mix sound, etc. Possibilities are endless.

Gadget on the other hand is like visiting Richie's home studio - chock full of machines and toys to play around with endlessly. Being limited to machines and a non-traditional sequencer in Gadget forces me to find workarounds and creative solutions to get the sounds I need.

And I'm done being a windbag...for now. 🤣

Next up - can Jim make a crossover between Minimal Electro and Pre-Skrill Dubstep? (Pre-Skrill Dubstep is Minimal already in a sense as well as otherworldly and hypnotic, so it shouldn't be too far of a stretch to make this work.)

• How long does it take for you to put this piece together in Gadget?

• @spyrogaia said:
    How long does it take for you to put this piece together in Gadget?

I'd estimate 3-4 hours accumulatively over the span of a couple days. This is because I can hear the sounds I want in my head. Sometimes it takes a shorter amount of time, but it can also take longer. All depending.