Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sunvox, Timeless 3 and Bogdan Raczynski

Dear diary,

Sunvox Echo and Delay
I notice that echo effect in sunvox is a little bit different from those commonly used delays. When the delay time is modulated by LFO, due to different algorithm maybe, sunvox echo creates stutter/glitch gate sound instead of wobbling/laser/time warping sound effect we would normally expect.
It is FUN in my opinion, as I actually like crackles and audio clipping sound.

Here is a short example. I found it fits noisy environment with ipad crappy built-in speaker.
It's like the cyberpunk version of The caretaker's An empty bliss beyond this World.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YO9-7DuckSsZeS8vSerEI2_dVjveDxBh/view?usp=sharing

Comments

• edited July 2021

Fabfilter Timeless 3
    Some people said that they have more than enough delays.
    Well, as a petty customer, I don't have many and have never paid for a dedicated one. I do have a pitch shifter with delay - discord4, that is. Most of the time I just use those delay inside those synths. So I am hesitating about the $20 timeless 3. (BTW, I think that fabfilter bundle was about $50 last november or just several months ago.)Frankly, in my old mind, fabfilter and their pricey pruducts seems to aim at mastering. For I am poor have never finish one single track , those effects don't appeal to me.

But in those videos Timeless sounds Sooo Goood. The sound is lush, vibrant and shimmering. And most importantly, it has infinite modulation sources of various kinds, which I think every synth and effect should have.

It's all about modulation. Like in sunvox, we could even use distortion to shape the LFO, so I love sunvox.

• edited July 2021

Tracker
    Actually sunvox had hidden at the corner of my iPad for quite a long time until recently I listened to Bogdan Raczynski's 1999 album --- Samurai Math Beats. It's like childhood 8-bit game fun but in a IDM and braindance way.
    And I saw a campaign video he recently did for the polyend tracker, a $600 synth tracker box. Then I realise that sunvox, charging for only $3 on iPad, is one of those trackers.

But sunvox in Auv3 mode does not support midi out for now, otherwise it would be a perfect sequencer for AUM.
    And bluetooth keyboard (for typing) is not supported in the sunvox AUv3 mode.

Period.

• This’ll come in handy next time someone wants us to do the maths, but doesn’t quite finish what they say

• S is for Shite. T is for TV. R is for Robert.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you guys. Now have put on the original post.

The post is more like sharing a technique and my personal inspiration.
    It's very personal, and I thought I talk too much, it's boring or you all didn't like it.

Though some misunderstanding, still happy to hear responses.

• @cadetrim I believe the takeaway of your OP is: SunV_x is a worthy alternative to a full Polyend Tracker investment while being short of a couple AUV3 connectivity features. PS if you posted audio (?) I’m not seeing it above.

I treat SV like an iOS Tracker island: no audio connectivity outside of itself = a happy place.

Bogdan is rad and you should get Timeless 3.

:)

• @Proppa said:
    @cadetrim I believe the takeaway of your OP is: SunV_x is a worthy alternative to a full Polyend Tracker investment while being short of a couple AUV3 connectivity features. PS if you posted audio (?) I’m not seeing it above.

I treat SV like an iOS Tracker island: no audio connectivity outside of itself = a happy place.

Bogdan is rad and you should get Timeless 3.

:)

Updated the video link.

That is such a precise and accurate summary of my jibber jabber. :D

SunVox's modules are also really very fun to play with. Like the other day, I found out I could use a feedback loop containing delay and pitch shifter to create a pitchshift delay. MultiTap delay is also possible by just using multiple delay modules, but it might take some time to set those parameters.

• @cadetrim said:
    Dear diary,

Sunvox Echo and Delay
    I notice that echo effect in sunvox is a little bit different from those commonly used delays. When the delay time is modulated by LFO, due to different algorithm maybe, sunvox echo creates stutter/glitch gate sound instead of wobbling/laser/time warping sound effect we would normally expect.

Here is a short example. I found it fits noisy environment with ipad crappy built-in speaker.
    It's like the cyberpunk version of The caretaker's An empty bliss beyond this World.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YO9-7DuckSsZeS8vSerEI2_dVjveDxBh/view?usp=sharing

Great discovery, many thanks.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@cadetrim said:
    Dear diary,

Sunvox Echo and Delay

Great discovery, many thanks.

Happy to be helpful. :D