Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Has Thor Polysonic Synth been removed from the App Store

Someone asked to have another look at the classic Thor Synth.
I have it in my previously purchased stuff on my iPad, however, I can't find it on the App Store.
Can anyone confirm, please?

Comments

• It's gone, can only be restored if you previous purchased it...

• Yeah, it seems to be gone from Appstore att the moment (Thor Polysonic Synth)…

But, it may be temporarily, every app from Propellerheads is nowadays on another company called Reason Studios AB…

Perhaps it will show up soon in another costume…

• @Samu said:
    It's gone, can only be restored if you previous purchased it...

I just asked both Ernst & Leo Nathorst-Böös on Twitter if they are sitting on any info why Thor Polysonic Synth has been removed…
    I’ll be back if they give any answer…

• It would be a real shame if it has been removed, it's still a super synth

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    It would be a real shame if it has been removed, it's still a super synth

Definitely, it’s one of my top 3 apps I really wish had become an AU, along with Nave and Animoog

• @Strizbiz said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Definitely, it’s one of my top 3 apps I really wish had become an AU, along with Nave and Animoog

One can always wish. Those 3 are amazing synths and always find a way in my iPad

• @Strizbiz said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Yep. I agree.

• I think the gig was up when we got Groovebox rip-off Reason Compact. That development budget could have been put towards updating Thor. That it wasn’t tells you everything you need to know.

• It’s definitely a shame that instead of maintaining true mobile versions of Reason devices they have gone the groove box route for iOS. I get that you can start a project on iOS and finish it in the full version, but it’s missing the modular nature of the full product.

• Yeah, I wish I wasn’t waiting for the app to go on sale before purchasing. I had unlocked Reason Compact, and thought Thor was going to be on sale as well.

Ah well... at least I took comfort in the fact that I have Reason 10 lite which has Thor, and Figure also uses the Thor engine.

• Sad news from mr Propellerhead himself, Ernst Nathorst-Böös - Thor Polysonic Synth has been removed and abandoned - forever…
    https://twitter.com/ErrkaPetti/timelines/1415786029643141122

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Sad news from mr Propellerhead himself, Ernst Nathorst-Böös - Thor Polysonic Synth has been removed and abandoned - forever…

Dang it. That saddens me.

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Sad news from mr Propellerhead himself, Ernst Nathorst-Böös - Thor Polysonic Synth has been removed and abandoned - forever…

Gone to the rare hunting grounds, has it? That’s too bad!

• @ErrkaPetti said:

I don’t know why these companies don’t sell their abandoned apps to another party instead of condemn them to obscurity.

• McDMcD
    edited July 2021

I can imagine Propellerheads/Reason announcing they have sold the assets of the company to:

Sony
    Korg
    Yamaha
    Roland

I'm sure it boils down to the current levels of cash flow from their "store".

It pains me because their CTO gave a presentation that showed they could "resell" the
    entire assets of that store on IOS and even though a web browser interface but for "Reasons" undisclosed that strategy has never been activated. I suspect the "Reason Compact" was a toe in the water by making "Europa" work on IOS and the "cash flow"
    was less than encouraging to the Bean Counters.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they discuss such matters.

Pulling "Thor" due to ongoing maintenance costs is really a bad sign for us here.
    "Europa" is such a musical synth for someone like me that just wants presets that
    inspire me to make music. The arp capabilities are so good, IMHO. People that know such things will weigh in and recommend other great arps. Thumb Jam for example.

Thumb Jam host or AUv3 instrument would be a nice surprise for "Labor Day". I expect we'll re-brand "Labor Day" as "Robot Tribute Day" sometime in the next 10 years. When we completely automate government, that will be the first big initiative.

There will be buttons on websites that make you declare "I am NOT a human."

• Certified bad news of the day. One of the best. I knew there was a reason I never got rid of the old iPad, but still....

• Glad I froze my first iPad Air 1 on 10.3.3 Really enjoyed some of the earliest apps…

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Glad I froze my first iPad Air 1 on 10.3.3 Really enjoyed some of the earliest apps…

Yeah, me too - have an iPad Air2 64GB/Celluar with the last 32-bit version of iOS (10.34?)…

On that iPad Air2 I have A LOT of amazing music apps, now gone forever, but will stay forever in that iPad…

Alchemy, bought by Apple is perhaps the most precious software on that iPad, but, there are at least 50 other app abandon and gone nowadays…

When Propellerhead was new in iOS land I thought we could see more amazing synth and music apps from them - they are such a talanted company with an impressive programming/coding knowledge…

Sure, Rebirth, Figure, Thor Polysonic, Reason Compact is great, but, in their arsenal they have so many other great products that could be success on iOS/iPadOS…

So, goodbye to Thor Polysonic Synth… RIP

• edited July 2021

Maybe they don't hear about or from the audience for Thor on iPad..