Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best way to use audio tracks in AUM?

I’m trying to find the best way to create a flexible live setup in AUM with the possibility of launching MIDI clips, playing along on a few MIDI controllers and then…launching audio clips at the same time.

I use Atom2 to trigger MIDI and audio clips.

For the latter part, I’ve settled on using EG Pulse to store the audio clips and I launch them with Atom2, using the “hold” function in EG to make sure the clips stop if I switch to another clip/section in Atom.

However, it seems like EG won’t state save my audio clips, unless I save them as a preset and then load them with each new song. It’s not impossible, but a bit quirky, and I would love to avoid touching the screen too much (I use a Launchpad Pro to control Atom).

So, really I’m just looking for alternative apps/workflows to incorporate audio clips in live performances in AUM…?

Comments

• edited July 2021

I have the same trouble with EG Pulse. This lead to the situation that I have really many kits and there is no way to organize them in folders. Audio clip launching is still a pain on the iPad. That’s why I moved more towards laptop and its a treat. Now I’m using Logic Pro with Loopcloud together with my iPad that runs Logic remote and AUM with my beloved iPad sequencers. Logic remote allows to operate Logic by touch to a large degree. That is a setup that just works. I was just too tired of all the workarounds and shortcomings.

Well, just one idea… If you don‘t have too many audio clips you could try 4pockets multi-track with its remote control that allows to trigger sections of its timeline.

• What I have done is used drambo for this and there is a sample clip launcher that @rs2000 has made. It takes notes C2,C#2 etc.. and you can trigger the flexi sampler. I create a track folder of the samples I want to use in drambo and I have never had a problem. Just use atom or LK as a master trigger. Have one long timeline.

• @onerez said:
    What I have done is used drambo for this and there is a sample clip launcher that @rs2000 has made. It takes notes C2,C#2 etc.. and you can trigger the flexi sampler. I create a track folder of the samples I want to use in drambo and I have never had a problem. Just use atom or LK as a master trigger. Have one long timeline.

I was just going to post the same thing! @rs2000 is a gift to all us iOS musicians here. One thing I will suggest is that if you are using clips that have tails that should overlap into the next clip, set the MIDI to CV to 2 voices.

• @galmandsværk some further options in this thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/44158/atom-2-style-clip-launching-for-audio AudioLayer would be my personal choice but I don’t know how this stacks up against Drambo. I mention in that thread that you can also implement choke groups in AudioLayer if that is important to you. As krassmann mentioned, MultiTrack Recorder can also be used for this, though I recall someone saying that its clips are limited to 16-bit audio.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    @galmandsværk some further options in this thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/44158/atom-2-style-clip-launching-for-audio AudioLayer would be my personal choice but I don’t know how this stacks up against Drambo. I mention in that thread that you can also implement choke groups in AudioLayer if that is important to you. As krassmann mentioned, MultiTrack Recorder can also be used for this, though I recall someone saying that its clips are limited to 16-bit audio.

You can have choke groups in Drambo by using multiple MIDI to CV modules in front of each sampler representing one choke group, all in one track.

AudioLayer is different in that it's stronger at velocity layering, layer crossfading and above all, direct streaming from disk.
    For huge sampled instruments that would eat up the whole available iRAM alone, there's no alternative to AudioLayer.