Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Miles Jam - Jazz track beefed up with AU effects (listed)

DavDav
edited July 2021 in Creations

This is my latest (probably last) attempt to make track recorded years ago sound modern using AU plugins.

I loaded the original mix in AUM, and loaded these AU plugins: LUXE, TB Enhancer, BeatFormer, Stereo Width, TB Reverb, TB Barricade, RRS Exciter, RSS Bass Enhancer. I then used AudioBus to send that to MultiTrackStudio where I tweaked the EQ a little more (used TB Morphit for my headphones). Planned to add a few instruments over it, but it sounds too busy already I'm thinking.

I'm making new tracks now, but had a soft spot for this one because I composed it right after going to a Miles Davis concert and think this really captured the feeling of what I heard that night.

I have some hearing damage, so I'm not 100% sure this mix sounds that well balanced. Would appreciate some other ears hearing it. The original recording suffered with bad compression (I was just learning a compressor 30 years ago). You can hear it when the trumpet gets high and louder towards the end -- not sure how to fix that.

Thanks for listening!

Dav

Comments

• I thought it sounded just fine. However, I'm probably not the best person to ask. 30+ years of gigging in rock clubs and bowling alleys have done damage to my ears, too! I try to listen to the music rather than the recording technology. I thought it was a very good composition, and your take on Miles Davis is spot on.

• Lovely track, very nice playing throughout… would be nice to hear some new tracks…