Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OP-1 gets usb audio in firmware update

This was one of the best features to come out for the op-z.

Anybody with an op-1 want to test it out using aum?

Comments

• I tried yesterday, works very well with AUM: midi from iOS sequencers to OP-1, audio from OP-1 to AUM via usb, and audio out via iPad headphone jack. The OP-1 sounds so good with those juicy AU effects, I'm having a lot of fun!

• I wonder if Novation circuìt has a hidden ability to do this. I doubt it.

• Exciting!

• @silent1 said:
    I tried yesterday, works very well with AUM: midi from iOS sequencers to OP-1, audio from OP-1 to AUM via usb, and audio out via iPad headphone jack. The OP-1 sounds so good with those juicy AU effects, I'm having a lot of fun!

How do you get "audio out via iPad headphone jack"? I only have OP-1 as "Hardware Output" on AUM so I can't get sound from the iPad (iPad Air with no headphone jack).

• edited July 2021

@alvescarlos said:

How do you get "audio out via iPad headphone jack"? I only have OP-1 as "Hardware Output" on AUM so I can't get sound from the iPad (iPad Air with no headphone jack).

I plug my headphone after I configured the OP-1 as input audio source. The audio out magically changes to headphone output.

EDIT: just read that you don't have a headphone jack, I wouldn't know in that case. It surprising that one can't decide to configure audio out differently than audio in on iOS, or am I missing something?

• @alvescarlos said:

@silent1 said:
    I tried yesterday, works very well with AUM: midi from iOS sequencers to OP-1, audio from OP-1 to AUM via usb, and audio out via iPad headphone jack. The OP-1 sounds so good with those juicy AU effects, I'm having a lot of fun!

In that case you need a usb-c hub with a audio-out on it.

• @silent1 said:

@alvescarlos said:

I plug my headphone after I configured the OP-1 as input audio source. The audio out magically changes to headphone output.

EDIT: just read that you don't have a headphone jack, I wouldn't know in that case. It surprising that one can't decide to configure audio out differently than audio in on iOS, or am I missing something?

iOS only allows one audio interface at a time. The last one connected wins.

• @silent1 said:

@alvescarlos said:

Having and using the iPad's headphone jack rather than the external device's output is useful for those class-compliant devices like the Roland MC-707/101 which don't have the option to disable internal audio like the Elektrons allow while in USB class-compliant mode. That way you don't experience howling feedback.

• @silent1 said:

Yes. It 's really something. Was somewhat amazed/double-pleased to play the OP1 keys and hear the sounds coming out of AUM/recording into AS etc etc. And -it must be said- I am an idiot and a stumbler at best, but found it easy enough despite having one of the silly ipads that has no headphone jack....I am not interested in doing whole songs on the OP, but I love the accidents and radio recording from it, so now being able to integrate it somewhat is very pleasing....

• Is it complete with the ground hum, too?

• And maybe it will be.

• edited July 2021

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Yes. It 's really something. Was somewhat amazed/double-pleased to play the OP1 keys and hear the sounds coming out of AUM/recording into AS etc etc. And -it must be said- I am an idiot and a stumbler at best, but found it easy enough despite having one of the silly ipads that has no headphone jack....I am not interested in doing whole songs on the OP, but I love the accidents and radio recording from it, so now being able to integrate it somewhat is very pleasing....

Can you elaborate? What is AS? How did you achieve that with an iPad with no headphone jack?

Cheers!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @alvescarlos said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Can you elaborate? What is AS? How did you achieve that with an iPad with no headphone jack?

Cheers!

Apologies: AS is Audioshare, where the files of stuff recorded in AUM end up. As regards the throughly annoying lack of a headphone jack I use one of these thingies into which headphones and USB things and other bits and bobs can be plugged...