Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom VS Helium for Ambient music

In your special opinion, friends, which one of these AUv3 sequencers is better for long slow sequences of just a few chords? 4-8 bars of 2-4 chords is a minimum, I love fugue
Machine but it’s a busy one and I haven’t whipped it into ambient shape yet.

Comments

• One awesome feature of Atom 2 is you can freely change the speed of any clip. For long-slow stuff this is great because you don't have to zoom out far and/or draw in long notes. You can, for instance, draw in one-measure chords, then slow the sequence down to a fraction of it's original speed. You can change the playback speed on the fly too.

• Atom allows you to mix and match loops.

• Here's my opinion:

1. Atom is very unique in it's workflow, but tremendously powerful if you put the time in to adapt to it's workflow.
    2. Helium is very straight forward in its approach as a midi editor, but lacks some of the sophistication and visual UI 'wow' factor which is important to me when composing (I want to feel good using the apps I use when making music).

Not to change the subject, but if you are at all interested in Drambo, I find it the perfect app for composing Ambient Music because of all the conditional trigs/p-Locks it offers. I've created several expanding ambient pieces using only a handful of bars because of the toolkit in Drambo.

So...if you want to use something that looks as cool as it is powerful, go for Atom 2.
    However, if you want to use something a bit more pedestrian in its approach to creating midi tracks, Helium will take you to where you want to go.

And...if you want to really go to a whole new level...Drambo will deliver and challenge and push you to new heights of music making :)

Hope that helps :)

• Shoots I guess I better just learn Drambo then. I’m mostly tryna make food for my HW samplers but drambo is probably a good thing for me to
    Learn! And I can save 20 bucks too