Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone know any FLAC library/players that can be an input in AB3?

Would be handy!

Cheers,
Oscar

Comments

• I believe Audioshare handles FLAC fine, and can be loaded as IAA.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    I believe Audioshare handles FLAC fine, and can be loaded as IAA.

Thanks, I had thought of that but I was wondering if there was anything with a bit more of a music player vibe rather than a file manager, which Audioshare does an amazing job of.

At the moment I’m having to do screen recordings of the tracks I’m listening to so that I can import them in into Koala.

• Maybe trying some djing apps? Unfortunately, FLACs are not as much supported as ALACs, so it may be worth considering converting your library (I tried to fight it as I have really extensive lossless library as a DJ, yet I surrended and converted all to ALACs)
    I think one of DJ Player pro or Algoriddim djay can play also FLACs. Would also take a look at DJDJ, that one definitely supports Audiobus, not sure about file formats though.

• Auditor can open and use flac files. There is a file player that can be added as an AU in AUM that will open flacs.
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for. Its a wav editor, not a music player.

Are you just looking to convert the flacs? Auditor will batch convert

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Auditor can open and use flac files. There is a file player that can be added as an AU in AUM that will open flacs.
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for. Its a wav editor, not a music player.

Are you just looking to convert the flacs? Auditor will batch convert

Thanks for the suggestions, just looking for a quick way to grab bits that I like in Koala while I listen.

• @skrat said:
    Maybe trying some djing apps? Unfortunately, FLACs are not as much supported as ALACs, so it may be worth considering converting your library (I tried to fight it as I have really extensive lossless library as a DJ, yet I surrended and converted all to ALACs)
    I think one of DJ Player pro or Algoriddim djay can play also FLACs. Would also take a look at DJDJ, that one definitely supports Audiobus, not sure about file formats though.

Yea good suggestion. I think cross dj pro, there’s a few of them have IAA and handle various audio files.

Check the Audiobus app list. Filter and see what you find.