Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using the iPad in hardware set for transitions

I've got my live rig down pretty nice and tight. It consists of a Digitakt, Digitone, and iPad with AUM hosting Drambo (sequenced by the DN) and Mozaic (controlling pattern changes). The Digitakt audio out goes to the Digitone audio in and they communicate with each other via MIDI DIN, and the iPad sends and receives audio and MIDI via USB.

I'm trying to figure out a good way to do transitions between songs and figured there must be a good way to use some of the loopers I have (Enso, Gauss, Looper). I thought maybe I'd feed the DN signal back into the iPad with Enso running, followed by some FX, to basically loop the end of one song as I introduce the next.

Is anyone doing anything like this on here and can share their method? I haven't started experimenting just yet as this all came to me this morning, but I'm definitely itching to get at it.

Comments

• edited July 2021

With those 3 machines it should be more than enough to facilitate transitions without the need of an extra looper.
    DJ's do it for decades with only 2 sources.

The main idea to that setup is to mantain the percusion of one songs and start the melodic part of the next one, so you have the old drums and the new melodics, then you change the drums are you are set!

edit: Just to get a taste of a more dj styled transitions you could download RemixLive and try the free sets that comes with it, that can give you a taste of what I'm talking about.

• @cokomairena said:
    With those 3 machines it should be more than enough to facilitate transitions without the need of an extra looper.
    DJ's do it for decades with only 2 sources.

The main idea to that setup is to mantain the percusion of one songs and start the melodic part of the next one, so you have the old drums and the new melodics, then you change the drums are you are set!

edit: Just to get a taste of a more dj styled transitions you could download RemixLive and try the free sets that comes with it, that can give you a taste of what I'm talking about.

I thought about doing the mixed parts idea, and I could slowly change the tempo during that pattern. Just wanted to see what others may be doing.