Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

CRUD

First update of this app since I got it, and when I opened it afterwards I get a dialog warning me that the AudioBus SDK is invalid and doesn't work... which is kind of weird since CRUD isn't AB-compatible. They also changed its name to GRIT. Anybody know what any of this is all about?

Comments

• Don't really know anything about Crud ( now Grit :-), but the update info says they added AudioBus ( apparently unsuccessfully by your experience)

• Interesting. Ha, I had it on my wish list as "CRUD" so now it's listed as a different name. This is an app by a guy who has a number of other apps like Studio 1111 and Evil Machine, many of which get lukewarm reception or not a lot of people notice them. Of course, if you name your bass amp "CRUD" or "GRIT" in the title, it's not like you find it in a search.

@ChrisG tried this out and gave some thoughts. It actually sounds decent, but it's kind of supposed to be a dubstep thing with wobble bass, but the LFO rates are pre-set into the notes (higher pitches go faster), so it doesn't really sync with the BPM. I've passed so far even though I love having a variety of bass options because it felt like 40 specific samples that you can't really tweak for 4 bucks, when I could just download other free presets or make my own with a synth.

• It's a dubstep synth, it sure have some good sounds , hope the developers pay it some love and update it with more features.

• It still shows as CRUD in AB2 list.......could this be why?

• edited May 2014

I deleted & re-installed (it's called GRIT on the App Store now)... Same problem. Here is the actual pop-up verbiage:

'Audiobus SDK Problem
    The AudioBus SDK cannot be used due to an API Key problem: This Audiobus API Key is invalid for this app (code 4)'

???

• Got in contact with developer , a fix has been submitted to apple

• That's right nice of you! Thanks!
    Don 't know if I'll ever actually use it once it's fixed, but the sounds are interesting enough for the odd ambience...

• Any news on the fix?