Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone know of an app that can create/run MODX type operations?

Yeah, so I'm looking for an app that can do a lot of the things a MODX (or Montage) can do with the setups - with arps etc etc. Umm, even as another example perhaps, the Kronos Karma type of thing?

The app doesn't need to create the sounds, I have plenty of those with apps and the PC4, just looking for some kind of app...

Reason is I was considering buying a MODX 6, but got to thinking that with all this stuff I already have, I might be able to save on that and use something iOS instead.

Comments

• edited July 2021

I don't know if it's coincidentally timed but I released a video on my YouTube channel about my favorite synths.

Yamaha FM Essentials gave me access to a lot of the Yamaha sounds I missed. It has the drum preset banks, and much more.

Korg Module with the Triton and 80s soundtrack unlock got me the Triton and FM sounds I needed.

Pure Synth Platinum is another rompler which made me forget about not having a lot of the desktop/keyboard sounds.

Here's the video if you're curious.

• @pax-eterna said:
    Yeah, so I'm looking for an app that can do a lot of the things a MODX (or Montage) can do with the setups - with arps etc etc. Umm, even as another example perhaps, the Kronos Karma type of thing?

These compositional tools are quite deep and regarding Karma at least, a lot of research has been done and numerous patents have been filed about the unique collection of harmonic, melodic and rhythmic creation based on many rules.

I haven't ever seen an equivalent on iOS but you could have a closer look at Intermorphic Wotja 21:

https://apps.apple.com/en/app/wotja-21-generative-music/id1344821101?l=en

• Thanks rs2000 - and yeah I agree, just thought there may have been something a little less "intense" although essentially karm is just arps at it's core with the algorithms of how they all run together being the copyrighted (or patented??) component...

I'll check out that link though...appreciate that as I'd never heard of it and certainly would not have thought of searching for that sort of name haha!

• @pax-eterna said:
    Thanks rs2000 - and yeah I agree, just thought there may have been something a little less "intense" although essentially karm is just arps at it's core with the algorithms of how they all run together being the copyrighted (or patented??) component...

I'll check out that link though...appreciate that as I'd never heard of it and certainly would not have thought of searching for that sort of name haha!

Haha, "just arps" is a good one. You can build advanced musical compositions with arps, there are endless possibilities regarding melody, harmony and rhythm.
    Which ones to choose in order to automatically generate a new unique composition that reminds a good song written by a human is a art difficult to master.

Agreed, "Wotja" certainly doesn't remind me of anything musical 😄