Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rapid Tab by Secret Base Design - Released

2»

Comments

• edited July 2021

@Poppadocrock said:
    New beta version, please read description in TestFlight it seems they are trying to locate 1 person in particular on an iPhone se iOS 14.2, because of a crash case. If you are that person please reach out to them. Thanks. Just spreading the word, hoping someone gets the message.

Yup -- TestFlight is reporting a few crashes -- and all of the recent ones seem to come from an iPhone SE running 14.2. I don't know if there's something wonky with the SE, with iOS 14.2, or my code. The crash report shows me where it happens -- but it's buried deep in the iOS layers, and nothing that I can see on the chain of "how did we get here" seems to look wrong. It seems like the crash doesn't happen often, and doesn't happen anywhere else, so I'm thinking it might be a quirk of the SE and that particular version of iOS, but... yeah, don't want it to crash if I can avoid it.

• edited July 2021

• 8 string left handed djent version when?
    Also not a big fan of headless guitars.
    USB or bluetooth headstocks gonna be available?
    :p

• edited July 2021

@SecretBaseDesign said:

a button on the display will let you step through the notes from the tab, triggering them over MIDI one tap at a time.

The general idea is that you work out the melody line or chords slowly, cleaning them up with the tab editor as needed.

Then, when you're ready to record a take, you just tap the button on screen to get the rhythm, timing, and velocity right. I don't think I've seen anyone else do this -- when it occurred to me, it seemed like the most obvious trick ever.

Could you please make this "tap out a melody- from Midi data- step player" into an app that will also work with Midi notes played on a Midi keyboard?

I've been interested this type of melody writing process for some time now. It would be very cool to have an app designed for this.

Also, I think tapping melody timings out using a keyboard (trigger = any key) might provide an alternative more expressive option to the screen tapping alone. :smile:

• @horsetrainer said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:

a button on the display will let you step through the notes from the tab, triggering them over MIDI one tap at a time.

The general idea is that you work out the melody line or chords slowly, cleaning them up with the tab editor as needed.

Then, when you're ready to record a take, you just tap the button on screen to get the rhythm, timing, and velocity right. I don't think I've seen anyone else do this -- when it occurred to me, it seemed like the most obvious trick ever.

Could you please make this "tap out a melody- from Midi data- step player" into an app that will also work with Midi notes played on a Midi keyboard?

I've been interested this type of melody writing process for some time now. It would be very cool to have an app designed for this.

Also, I think tapping melody timings out using a keyboard (trigger = any key) might provide an alternative more expressive option to the screen tapping alone. :smile:

Rapid Tab will record MIDI -- so you could play the notes you want to trigger while RT jots them down as "tab." The fingering, strings, etc., will be insane, but that won't matter. Then, do a little editing and tweaking if you need to, and tap the notes.

The tap button emulates velocity using vertical position, and I'm thinking about having horizontal position be mappable to a MIDI CC value (modulation, pan, ....), with aftertouch being able to do something like pitch bend. That'll probably happen in version 1.1 of the app. I'll set it up so that you can trigger taps with an incoming MIDI note (I could see someone wanting to use a MIDI drum to get really fast, really precise timings).

The tap trick will likely move into Infinite Looper as well, maybe later this summer or early fall.

@AlmostAnonymous said:
    8 string left handed djent version when?
    Also not a big fan of headless guitars.
    USB or bluetooth headstocks gonna be available?
    :p

You can change the number of strings (3 to 8), and change the tuning as you see fit, so you can get your Periphery/Animals as Leaders groove on. Headstocks, spandex pants, and hair spray will be available as in-app purchases.

• @SecretBaseDesign

Sounds good!
    I like the idea of using Midi Drum, or Midi Sequencer, for pattern triggering.
    Looking forward it. :)

• Yup -- app is out now, will be ten bucks for a while, probably bump up the price at the end of the summer. I've got a few other things in the pipeline, and some updates to do. Right now, though, I'm going to work on a guitar I'm building.

• Is anyone using this with any regularity?
    Any tutorials out there that you all know about?