Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App with different headphone profiles?

What is the app that enables you to adjust for the type of headphones you’re using?

Comments

• ToneBoosters Morphit

• ToneBoosters Morphit

• ToneBoosters Morphit

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    ToneBoosters Morphit

You should have waited until 6:30… 😆

• edited July 2021

I've gotta do it.

I present to you.

"All together now"

• I think ToneBoosters Morphit will let you do this.

• Neutron Music Player.
    One of the very few that support both local file playback and network streaming plus a quality fully parametric EQ for headphones matching.

• Toneboosters morphit. 😁

But seriously, I use it on Mac running in soundsource, so it’s system wide.

Acustica just released a free version of their headphone correction/ hrtf program:

https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/specials/sienna-free

I haven’t tried it yet.

On Mac I also use waves ocean way studio with morphit and that is amazing.

• The Acustica Sienna Free will always have the room reverb built-in though. Unfortunately, you can't select just the phones correction alone.

• @Artj said:
    The Acustica Sienna Free will always have the room reverb built-in though. Unfortunately, you can't select just the phones correction alone.

Right, they work together. I haven’t tried it, and not sure if I will, but as I said, I use morphit and waves ocean way studios plug-in together when I have to do an mic on headphones. I had demoed realphones as well and that is a cool plug-in, but ocean way came out the same week as I tried realphones and blew me away, so I got it. I have to use morphit with it because waves doesn’t have a profile for the Akg q701 headphones in it, but morphit does. Waves has the k701 profile but it’s slightly different than the q701.

Anyway, cool times that we are living in that this stuff can exist!

• @mrufino1 said:
    I use morphit and waves ocean way studios plug-in together when I have to do an mic on headphones.

@mrufino1 Thanks for the suggestion. 👍 I've never heard of Ocean Way before. Have you tried Abbey Road Studio 3? How does it compare to Ocean Way? Do they use the same technology? Also, What do you feel about Sonarworks Ref 4 Headphone as compared to morphit?

• Not sure if it has been said already but ToneBoosters Morphit.

• Moan Roosters Barfpit?

• Got an EQ? A fully parametric one?
    https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq

• @Artj said:

@mrufino1 said:
    I use morphit and waves ocean way studios plug-in together when I have to do an mic on headphones.

@mrufino1 Thanks for the suggestion. 👍 I've never heard of Ocean Way before. Have you tried Abbey Road Studio 3? How does it compare to Ocean Way? Do they use the same technology? Also, What do you feel about Sonarworks Ref 4 Headphone as compared to morphit?

I haven’t used sonar works or abbey road studio 3. The demos I heard of the abbey road plug-in weren’t something I cared for (and I didn’t really like the straight waves nx either). But hearing a YouTube demo of ocean way, then trying the demo on my system convinced me after about 10 minutes of use.

As far as sonar works, hopefully there’s not really a difference from morphit if just using the curves it comes with. If you had the individually calibrated headphones from them then maybe it would be slightly more accurate, but for just applying an inverse eq curve morphit and sonar works should act the same.

• @AudioGus said:
    Moan Roosters Barfpit?

i think question was about ios, haven't heard about this desktop plugin either 🤔

• edited July 2021

I have two USB/Bluetooth portable DAC/amps, they both have apps for iOS with an EQ and custom presets. I save profiles for my various headphones. It’s one of the only ways to listen to streaming music on phone with EQ like this that I know. Most other apps, like the Neutron Player, seem to only play music files stored.

Anyway, my favorite is the Qudelix 5K but the EarStudio ES100 is pretty decent as well.

And using them in wired mode is of course slightly better sounding. But the Bluetooth is convenient as hell.

https://www.qudelix.com/products/qudelix-5k-dac-amp

https://earstudio.store/products/es100

Both of the apps will store the current settings in the device. I really enjoy these little devices. And here is where I got the EQ settings:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

That’s a big list of headphones. So with this process, it’s basically doing what MorphIt does but isn’t limited to stuff you can pass through an audio unit.