Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mixing in Dolby Atmos

Is it possible to mix in Dolby Atmos on iOS/iPadOS? I’m pretty sure the answer to the question is “no”, and “maybe if Apple brings Logic Pro” to the iPad, but I figured I’d ask anyway.

The closest things I can find are the Binaural Location app, and the VirtualRoom apps, which of course aren’t the same thing, but are the closest I can find in the iOS ecosystem.

Are there any other options in this general space I should be aware of? Any thoughts on the likelihood of Apple’s latest Spatial Audio marketing push influencing whether we get this, perhaps in GarageBand?

Comments

• Maybe this will be coming to iPad Pro soon? The M1 chip certainly has the power to accommodate this capability.

• Nothing I've seen yet, and I'm keeping an eye out for it definitely.

• I just noticed in the App Store description for FabFilter Pro-L 2: “Surround support including Dolby Atmos 7.0.2 and 7.1.2 formats with flexible surround channel linking”. Hmm, I wonder what that means in practice, or if it was just accidentally copy-and-pasted from their desktop verbiage.

• @orand said:
    I just noticed in the App Store description for FabFilter Pro-L 2: “Surround support including Dolby Atmos 7.0.2 and 7.1.2 formats with flexible surround channel linking”. Hmm, I wonder what that means in practice, or if it was just accidentally copy-and-pasted from their desktop verbiage.

So it might “support” the format, but there’s still no way to mix Dolby Atmos on iOS.

• @Paul16 said:

its in dubley!

• @Bootsy said:

@Paul16 said:

its in dubley!

“You know ! You know !”