Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Vertical Ascension" Minimal EDM/Techno/Whatever produced in Korg Gadget, mastered in Cubasis 3

Here's another piece of Minimal (Techno/Ambient/EDM/Whatever).

This time, I was shooting for a "futuristic sci-fi" aesthetic. I sure hope I nailed it. 100% produced in Gadget 2 and mastered in Cubasis 3. Here's how the instruments break down...

I used Recife CHat Detroit to trigger the sidechain, and that's the only sample used in this track. The kick and clap are Tokyo. The sustained bass pad is Lexington (kept my promise to use Lexington @R_2 !) , and the rolling 16th-note bass is Chicago. The arp is Phoenix, and the interspersed notes are produced by Pompei. Finally, the occasional fizzy synth is Montpellier.

Of course the track was mastered in Cubasis 3 with the usual MagicDeathEyeStereo, BarkFilter Tripleband, and TB Barricade. Cheers, and enjoy.

Comments

• Very cool!!! Love the arps in this. ❤️‍🔥

• @R_2 said:

😂

@onerez said:
    Very cool!!! Love the arps in this. ❤️‍🔥

Thank you so much mate. ☺️ In my opinion, nailing the arps was key to getting the futuristic sound.

• Awesome track, Jim! Puts me in trance, like it.

• Very cool! This track inspired me to play with Gadget again.

• @Bob said:
    Awesome track, Jim! Puts me in trance, like it.

That was my aim was for this track to be hypnotic! I'm glad the track did its job. Thanks mate. :) Cheers.

@Slava said:
    Very cool! This track inspired me to play with Gadget again.

Yus! Inspiring people to reopen Gadget is an amazing feeling, and I'm glad it inspired you to crack it open. Thanks mate. :) I'm humbled. Cheers.