Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Riffler by Jonathan Bell

Comments

• @jon_bell would it be possible to do a little more testing of Riffler on macOS M1 computer with GarageBand running Ventura? I found having it on a track will crash any project in GB after several minutes of Riffler running. I have to render the track and then delete the Riffler Audio Unit for a project to remain stable. Thanks.

• edited November 2022

Ah, dark mode is automatic based on your device settings. You need to select it in the iOS settings app rather than Riffler. Riffler will require to a restart to register a change in dark mode. I might put an auto/on/off option in the settings in future.

@zah said:

@jon_bell said:
    Ah, sorry about that. Pleased the MIDI is fixed though.

It's working fine on my devices but just tested on my wife's iPhone and I'm getting the same problem you are. I think it's because some devices are locked to 48kHz and I'm not doing the sample rate conversion correctly. Hopefully will get a fix online in the next 24 hours or so.

Okie :)

And I feel like a dumb-ass, but cannot find where to go into dark mode...App Store says it's in this update...

• To be honest I’ve never tested that as I assumed an iOS AUv3 wouldn’t be picked up by the Mac or just wouldn’t work. I do have an M1 so I’ll take a look.

@NeuM said:
    @jon_bell would it be possible to do a little more testing of Riffler on macOS M1 computer with GarageBand running Ventura? I found having it on a track will crash any project in GB after several minutes of Riffler running. I have to render the track and then delete the Riffler Audio Unit for a project to remain stable. Thanks.

• @jon_bell said:
    To be honest I’ve never tested that as I assumed an iOS AUv3 wouldn’t be picked up by the Mac or just wouldn’t work. I do have an M1 so I’ll take a look.

@NeuM said:
    @jon_bell would it be possible to do a little more testing of Riffler on macOS M1 computer with GarageBand running Ventura? I found having it on a track will crash any project in GB after several minutes of Riffler running. I have to render the track and then delete the Riffler Audio Unit for a project to remain stable. Thanks.

When it works, I can at least render the audio and that is helpful. Thanks for looking into this.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Another +1 for MIDI input. I don’t use the generative side of the app so being able to play the fabulous sounds using MIDI-in would be great as I have been looking for a ready-to-go metal guitar AU for sketching ideas for some time and this comes very close. I have Shreddage which I load into AudioLayer but that takes some setup and I would prefer a dedicated solution.

Ideally there would be some method of switching between sample styles, e.g. so I could play muted and unmuted using the same sequencer. Shreddage, for example, does this using key-switching where some very low range MIDI notes control which is the ‘active” sample set.

Yep, Midi input, Drag and Drop Midi onto the timeline (with position indicator) will cherry top this gem..

• Wondering if there is a way to get the bend midi data into something like Steel Guitar Pro or a guitar patch in Pure Synth Platinum?

Loving the riffs out this app, truly amazing.

• Thanks, I'm really pleased you are enjoying the app!

Currently Riffler doesn't output any MIDI data but it is on the to-do list, hopefully will be adding it soon!

@RJB said:
    Wondering if there is a way to get the bend midi data into something like Steel Guitar Pro or a guitar patch in Pure Synth Platinum?

Loving the riffs out this app, truly amazing.

• @zah said:

@jon_bell said:
    Ah, sorry about that. Pleased the MIDI is fixed though.

It's working fine on my devices but just tested on my wife's iPhone and I'm getting the same problem you are. I think it's >because some devices are locked to 48kHz and I'm not doing the sample rate conversion correctly. Hopefully will get a fix >online in the next 24 hours or so.

Latest update seems to have fixed the audio export issue. No distortion and no cutoff. Thanks! :sunglasses:

Brilliant! Any other problems please let me know.

• edited November 2022

Nice update.. Share Chord Progressions accross multiple instances..

Thanks.

• Great update but unfortunately I have now lost the option to shift the key up in the progression screen!

• @FesteringMike said:
    Great update but unfortunately I have now lost the option to shift the key up in the progression screen!

:s I'll get that fixed tonight.

• I’m a total Riffler NOOB and I can’t get the ‘Share Progression’ (which I presume is used to share the root key, scale and progression between the AUv3 instances) working at all in AUM.

As I’ve understood it should be enough to set the first instance to ‘Master’ under Scale and the other instances would then automagically follow?

If it helps I’m on an 11” M1 iPadPro running iPadOS16.1.1.

@jon_bell This app is simply amazing, thank you for creating it! :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:
    I’m a total Riffler NOOB and I can’t get the ‘Share Progression’ (which I presume is used to share the root key, scale and progression between the AUv3 instances) working at all in AUM.

As I’ve understood it should be enough to set the first instance to ‘Master’ under Scale and the other instances would then automagically follow?

If it helps I’m on an 11” M1 iPadPro running iPadOS16.1.1.

@jon_bell This app is simply amazing, thank you for creating it! :sunglasses:

I've noticed the change doesn't "kick in" until I hit the create button or change a parameter on the "copy" version with the "Update riff on parameter change" on.

• The guitar is such a beautiful instrument…… and Riffler does it so well…

https://youtube.com/shorts/aY7ginn87Wg?

• don’t know whether this is already reported, but the 10th lock on the score seems to refuse to be engaged

• can anyone tell me how to delete notes?

• edited December 2022

@janpieter Touch the note so it is highlighted and then press Delete in the Technique Editor (bottom rightish)

• @GeoTony said:
    @janpieter Touch the note so it is highlighted and then press Delete in the Technique Editor (bottom rightish)

Thank you!

That’s strange, I don’t seem to have that option.

• @janpieter said:

@GeoTony said:

Thank you!

That’s strange, I don’t seem to have that option.

solved, I was still on the beta, had to load the regular version..

• @janpieter hope it’s good 😊😊

• I love this app!
    I can't wait until I can use it on my Pc!
    Can I copy generated bars to another bar and then modify it?

• I must've missed something somewhere, but Riffler no longer works on M1/Apple Silicon computers. It used to... anyone have any insight on why this changed?

• @NeuM said:
    I must've missed something somewhere, but Riffler no longer works on M1/Apple Silicon computers. It used to... anyone have any insight on why this changed?

I noticed this a couple of days ago, it’s a pity because some of my projects used it, while it still seems fine without updates it’s just a matter of time before it breaks probably.

• This release is really something. Finally got the playhead indicator and then some. Thanks!

• Guess this is new… Amazing..

• Hi guys! Maybe someone knows... How can I choose the Major Pentatonic scale? I found only Minor Pentatonic in the list of Scales.

• @Artem said:
    Hi guys! Maybe someone knows... How can I choose the Major Pentatonic scale? I found only Minor Pentatonic in the list of Scales.

Under "Key", on the bottom right, select "Major" under "Mode", than switch to "Scale" and select "Pentatonic".

• @Gratouilli said:

@Artem said:
    Hi guys! Maybe someone knows... How can I choose the Major Pentatonic scale? I found only Minor Pentatonic in the list of Scales.

Under "Key", on the bottom right, select "Major" under "Mode", than switch to "Scale" and select "Pentatonic".

I tried doing this :smile: But it doesn't matter what is selected in the "Mode" section. In the "Scale" section, the pentatonic is always minor.

• @Artem said:

@Gratouilli said:

@Artem said:

I tried doing this :smile: But it doesn't matter what is selected in the "Mode" section. In the "Scale" section, the pentatonic is always minor.

Ah... 😅

• @Gratouilli said:

@Artem said:

@Gratouilli said:

@Artem said:

Ah... 😅

Am I wrong? Please watch the demo video: