Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lunar Lander/VS - Visual Synthesizer • First new track from the newly rebuilt studio!

edited July 2021 in Creations

I made a post about my newly rebuilt home studio setup here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/974703/#Comment_974703

Finally going to be able to record, mix and produce the way I’ve been wanting to!

Finished setting everything up tonight and was able to put this together this piece easily. There’s going to be lots of music coming from this room!

[EXP] = Experimental (in case anyone’s wondering what the “[EXP]” means on a lot of my YT video titles.)

This experimental track started with a customized drum line in Lumbeat’s Rock Drummer.

Added to it, a hand crafted Bassline using Atom 2 to drive an amazing sounding bass sound in Synthmaster 2.

Two guitar tracks; both my trusty (MIK) Ibanez Destroyer going into my BOSS GT1 first (for added effects and a WahWah / Volume pedal control. Then, into the Scarlett 4i4 interface, and into AUM with my favorite THU rig (‘67 Plexi) and Lunar Lander.

The drums, bass, and both guitar tracks were mixed to an A bus with Magic Death Eye stereo to glue everything together and give it a punchy warm sound. Then used AUM’s recorder to record the A bus output.

MidiGuitar 2 was also used in standalone to send guitar signal triggers to VS - Visual Synthesizer, which I also used in standalone to take advantage of the full screen HDMI breakout display.

I hope you guys like it! Please let me know what you think!

Comments

• edited July 2021

Two more things

1. Everything was improvised as it was recorded. This is the way! That includes the bassline, composed in Atom 2 and looped. Rhythm guitar track, and lead guitar track all improv in real time, and recorded in AUM.

2. Headphones are always recommend!

• edited July 2021

And, the last guitar piece from the old setup!

I forgot to add visuals to this one…

The backing for that one is my “Experimantal VS #9” found here:

• RE: the first post^^^

The real improvisation starts in the second half (around the 2:00 minute mark) where I used the @LinearLineman method of doubling the whole part to extend the piece and make it twice as long. ;)

• Ok so loved this. Reminded me of some Satriani. You have really good phrasing!!! For me it sounds like the lead is played in the neck position?? I would love to hear it bite more. But it’s still fantastic!!!!

• @onerez said:
    Ok so loved this. Reminded me of some Satriani. You have really good phrasing!!! For me it sounds like the lead is played in the neck position?? I would love to hear it bite more. But it’s still fantastic!!!!

Thank you so much!

Yes, I believe I was using the neck pickup for this, as for some reason, I really liked the feedback I was getting through the wah wah sound.

I must say it’s very flattering to say the least, for someone to mention Satriani in the context of a piece by me, as he’s been a major influence over the years. (Along with a few other instrumentalists of course!) However, I’m only just getting back into playing everyday after taking a long break. Been a few years actually.

Give me a little time and I’ll have my legato back up to speed. I just got done rearranging my entire setup yesterday to accommodate daily practice.

Again, quitting those damn cigarettes has given me a new perspective and my new setup is going to be the outlet!

Thanks again for the kind words! Stay tuned!

• This is very, very nice! It is so great to be able to play guitar like that - a lot of my pieces would have been enriched by some awesome guitar work like this. You had me hooked from started to finish.
    The guitar tone and playing are superb. I think a bit of structure and arrangement will add the final touch.
    Thank you for sharing and I look forward to more. ☺️

• @spyrogaia said:
    This is very, very nice! It is so great to be able to play guitar like that - a lot of my pieces would have been enriched by some awesome guitar work like this. You had me hooked from started to finish.
    The guitar tone and playing are superb. I think a bit of structure and arrangement will add the final touch.
    Thank you for sharing and I look forward to more. ☺️

Thank you! 🙏

Much more to come!

• @Edward_Alexander : Ah. So that’s what proper guitar playing sounds like…

• @Edward_Alexander, very good! I like it!

• I’ll share a few more thoughts on the OP piece; @spyrogaia, I hear you on the structure and arrangement; you’re totally right! Little effort was given in that regard here as a lot of times I’ll just take a few bars of a chord progression, or a bassline, and loop it while noodling over it to try and come up with something.

If I stumble upon a groove or something I like, it might make it into a more fleshed out song. Others just remain as “pieces” of music; more about experimentation with sound, and of course here lately, my fascination with this VS - Visual Synthesizer thing.

I really appreciate the listens! This is exactly the kind of feedback I need! Thank you!

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Edward_Alexander : Ah. So that’s what proper guitar playing sounds like…

lol well, I don’t know about proper, but the best I had last night anyway.

Thanks for having a listen!

After spending all day tearing everything out of this room, and rebuilding everything from the ground up, i wanted to push something out to sort of test my new setup. Everything works!

Stick around!

• @GLacey said:
    @Edward_Alexander, very good! I like it!

Thank you so much! 🙏

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Edward_Alexander : Ah. So that’s what proper guitar playing sounds like…

Raw noodling is more like it lol