Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ThumbJam v2.4 is now Live!

Comments

• Yes! Congrats @sonosaurus! Thanks for audioshare integration!

• edited May 2014

@sonosaurus please tell us you've figured out a way for us to pay you more for this upgrade if we already own Thumbjam! This is not a top-ten app, it's a top-two app!!!
    Almost every song I've done on IOS has some TJ in it, and not because I don't own all the others. It's because Thumbjam is the app that turned my telephone into a musical instrument! Thanks for polishing up the IOS Stradivarius!!!

• This is exciting news! I love this app! It's so incredibly useful and this update is going to make it even more so. Thank you!

• @karmafx said:

More precisely. the input and output midi transpose are stucked. i change settings and press the done button i go back to the midi menu again and all the settings remains in the previous state.

Yes, this is fixed. But you can work around it until next week: because they are actually swapped... if you want to change one, change the other instead, then ignore the display.

• My thumbs are ready to jam!

• edited May 2014

Yes Jesse this is amazing! Thumbjam is one of the first music apps I ever bought and has been worth its weight in gold (what's 198MB weigh anyway?). Probably my favourite music app of all time, an absolute must have app for music makers.

• Yay! Sonosaurus Premium Apps... Love it

• Youpi
    Has the midi MMC record bug been fixed too. I've been waiting for this so much (and at last control the start stop recording with my feet)
    I agree to all the praise about this app, it really is amazing.
    The way I continue to support it, is by offering it to all my friends that have ithings. It great for learning music too.
    Anyway, this update seems to be very promising, and I hope we all get into making fun instruments for it.

• @sonosaurus Great! Thanks for the bug fix!

• @sonosaurus ThumbJam has become a workhorse app for me, a very important part of my creativity. Thank you so much for continuing to improve it! I've noticed the downloadable new instruments haven't been flowing as they once did, and I myself have built a multi-sampled sarod instrument that I'd be happy to share (and more to come) So, will there be a repository of new "factory" and user-shared instruments?

• One of the things I love about ThumbJam it is so reliable and easy to set up with other apps driving the samples. For instance, I use it with MIDI Jam on guitar, and with Fiddlewax or sound prism. And I always feel the samples hold their own compared to other apps specializing in a certain instrument sound.

• @Xopianoi said:

@sonosaurus ThumbJam has become a workhorse app for me, a very important part of my creativity. Thank you so much for continuing to improve it! I've noticed the downloadable new instruments haven't been flowing as they once did, and I myself have built a multi-sampled sarod instrument that I'd be happy to share (and more to come) So, will there be a repository of new "factory" and user-shared instruments?

I have several new ones on deck, which I will be releasing shortly. But if you have a good one you would like to share, by all means post it or send it over!

• Oooh, sarod!

• edited May 2014

ThumbJam v2.4 is now live, although it may take an hour or so to show up in your App Store! I didn't want to get scooped by one of you :)

• Yaaaaay :)

• Oh and thank you!

• hmm, still not in US store... what to do.

Why yes, I think I will play the Hang for a couple few minutes to pass the time =)

• edited May 2014

or the Shakuhachi... frickin amazing

• it just appeared for me now (Canada) -

• Nice! Not live yet in U.S. store, but I am away from home anyway, and that's a fairly big app I'd want to DL over WiFi. Thanks again to Sonosaurus for their work!

• Downloading in the US now!

• I'm already enjoying this update a lot. I saved a 4 screen split state on my iPad and opened it on the iPhone. Pretty cool, good job I can hide the menus. Also loving the Wurli. Top app!

Thank you @sonosaurus.

• @Hmtx said:

or the Shakuhachi... frickin amazing

My new favorite instrument. Thank you very much for all of this

• A tip for using ThumbJam as a controller to record into a MIDI track in your DAW (e.g. Cubasis) while it is inserted into an IAA midi instrument track:

A somewhat annoying fact is that IAA midi only goes from the host to the node app, and not the other way. Luckily you can use the normal CoreMidi to send midi from an app back into your host. So, in ThumbJam's MIDI Control page, enable Note Output for the destination app (e.g. Cubasis). The only complication is that if you have TJ inserted as an IAA instrument midi track, Cubasis will actually echo the midi in it gets from ThumbJam via virtual midi back into ThumbJam via the IAA midi, causing the notes to be doubled. I had meant to add an option that will silence the instrument when played from the touch screen (but not for the IAA output) but that slipped by on the update.

The workaround for now while you are recording the midi is to go to the MIDI Control page in TJ, and set the "In Channel Start" to 2, while making sure the "Out Channel Start" is set to 1. That way TJ outputs midi on channel 1 (to be recorded in Cubasis), but when it echoes it back into TJ, it won't play again because TJ is listening on 2. Obviously, if you are using more simultaneous instrument slots in TJ, make the first number higher.

Then when you are playing back (instead of recording), go back and change the In Channel Start back to 1 (or omni). You'll notice because you won't hear anything on playback in the DAW, until you switch it back.

• @firejan82 said:

I saved a 4 screen split state on my iPad and opened it on the iPhone.

this is a brilliant feature!

• Nice! And IK will quickly re-brand that as the irig voice control kit, the first high quality midi voice controller. Users will be reminded to check it out each time they open any unrelated IK app. And you will get a royalty and be rich!

But seriously, that's cool. I didn't know thumb jam did that.

• But seriously, that's cool. I didn't know thumbjam did that.

Is a thing. Could almost be the tag line.

• edited May 2014

Maybe I said it before, but ThumbJam is the absolute bomb! I haven't found the need to use it yet in a project (more because I'm still exploring apps than making music) but I will, I assure you! The new sounds are fab... the absolute model of a well-developed music application (right up there with Audiobus... no brown-nosing!) Thank you, @sonosaurus !