Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spidericemidas Track - A Homage to 90’s Drum n Bass

edited July 2021 in Creations

I was a huge fan of 90’s DnB on the Metalheadz label and LTJ Bukem etc. So I thought I’d have a go at it myself in Gadget.....

No mastering, and not much EQing/Compressing either. 🤞😬

Thank you for listening. 😊🙏

Comments

• And yet another great Gadget track.

Beautiful, man!
    I love it. ❤️

• This brings me right back to the 90s raves! Excellent jam man

• @Spidericemidas said:
    I was a huge fan of 90’s DnB on the Metalheadz label and LTJ Bukem etc. So I thought I’d have a go at it myself in Gadget.....

Love it @Spidericemidas this gives me such good vibes and flashbacks to an Era i love so much 💕💕

• Hmmmm. Just like a was spinning records at the club!!!! Man what is it with all these great Gadget tracks coming out???

Nice one @Spidericemidas ❤️‍🔥

• A classic sound from a classy sound designer!

• Fantastic work! Brings back a lot great memories 🔉💃🏻

• @rs2000 said:
    And yet another great Gadget track.

Beautiful, man!
    I love it. ❤️

Thanks! It was fun putting it together and making some noise. 😆

• @reasOne said:
    This brings me right back to the 90s raves! Excellent jam man

Good times, mate! 🔊🕺

• @echoopera said:

@Spidericemidas said:

Love it @Spidericemidas this gives me such good vibes and flashbacks to an Era i love so much 💕💕

Amen to that! 😊🙏

• @onerez said:
    Hmmmm. Just like a was spinning records at the club!!!! Man what is it with all these great Gadget tracks coming out???

Nice one @Spidericemidas ❤️‍🔥

Thanks for listening! 👊😃

• @LinearLineman said:
    A classic sound from a classy sound designer!

I fancied a change of tempo and a bit of fun. I don’t have as much time these days for labouring and stressing over mixing, EQing, Compressing etc, so it’s in an extremely raw state straight outta Gadget, but it’ll do.

Thanks for giving it a spin, Sir! 😃

• @Nathi94 said:
    Fantastic work! Brings back a lot great memories 🔉💃🏻

Ahh, it was a great time. My first experience of DnB was Logical Progression and it just absolutely blew me away. Never heard anything like it before. Followed by Goldie’s Timeless and the stuff on Metalheadz and I was totally smitten with the genre.

Thanks for dropping by! 😃

• Awesome!!

• @sevenape said:
    Awesome!!

Thanks for lending an ear! 😊🙏

• Excellent track and amazing use of Gadget !!!

• @CRAKROX said:
    Excellent track and amazing use of Gadget !!!

I was aiming for a Bukem/Dillinja type of feel. Hopefully it came across as fairly reminiscient of those creators to anyone familiar with the territory.

Yeah Gadget is cool. I often wander off and hang out in AUM, but for constructing full and finished tracks, I always come straight back to Gadget.

Cheers!

• LTJ Bukem is the master
    Hell yeah this is great
    Super work

• @Gdub said:
    LTJ Bukem is the master
    Hell yeah this is great
    Super work

Thanks very much! 👍

• lovely stuff

• What an amazing track!
    I have such a deep old love for DnB. Back in the days I was totaly into Bukem and Dillinja too, Ed Rush & Optical, Bill Laswell, Krust, Photek, ...
    It's always great to hear people make DnB today.
    Wow Gadget! For it being a raw Gadget track without too much mixing it sounds totaly crisp!

• WTKWTK
    edited July 2021

This is dope. You nailed it perfectly. Nice Vibe. Very Bukem like. Good job. And with gadget...😀

• @Spidericemidas said:

@CRAKROX said:
    Excellent track and amazing use of Gadget !!!

I was aiming for a Bukem/Dillinja type of feel. Hopefully it came across as fairly reminiscient of those creators to anyone familiar with the territory.

You hit the mark 100% in my ears, could have easily been a release back in the day when I worked in a record shop.

• Great job, it could totally belong on Logical Progression - the vocal sample is bang on.

• @SheffieldBleep @ecamburn Thanks for checking in! 😃🙏

• @Bob said:
    What an amazing track!
    I have such a deep old love for DnB. Back in the days I was totaly into Bukem and Dillinja too, Ed Rush & Optical, Bill Laswell, Krust, Photek, ...
    It's always great to hear people make DnB today.
    Wow Gadget! For it being a raw Gadget track without too much mixing it sounds totaly crisp!

Yeah, I agree it’s not too bad for a raw track. Maybe because there’s not too much going on at once, maybe not too many competing frequencies. I’d normally stick a compressor and at least one EQ in the fx chain on every instrument and then spend days straining my ears trying to smooth and space things out better. I know it would definitely benefit in certain spots from some more mixing/EQing attention, but it’s quite a time consuming exercise I can’t accomodate so much these days. I think I also prefer this kind of music to be more untamed. It gives it possibly a more ‘live’ or energetic feel.

Thanks for listening. Happy to receive approval from a fellow 90’s DnB fan! 😊👍

• @WTK said:
    This is dope. You nailed it perfectly. Nice Vibe. Very Bukem like. Good job. And with gadget...😀

Much appreciated, thank you! Gadget has been my weapon of choice as a means to construct tracks since I started on iOS five years ago. It makes sense to my way of working and keeps on giving if you keep pushing. 👍

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Fat sound!

Cheers! 😃

• @richardyot said:
    Great job, it could totally belong on Logical Progression - the vocal sample is bang on.

Ikr! A lucky find in an old loopmasters pack.
    Glad you liked it! 😃🙏