Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tim Webb + Discchord Status Update - The Clusterfuckening

https://discchord.com/appnews/2021/06/30/discchord-status-update-the-clusterfuckening?fbclid=IwAR3Bdono2BYRWD84-HScca--ehOJE_qsO7s_gUgt7l8vrHwBKpKqewCTBng Tim Webb does a stunning amount for the iOS community. This article is an essential read for anyone who has ever benefited from his Discchord site and his videos. I’ve just signed up for his Patreon. It’s the least I can do considering how much promotion he has done for me this last year.

Comments

• I believe someone started a gofundme type campaign to help out. If I can find the link, I’ll post it.

Support if you can

• Thanks for sharing this.

• Yup. Poor Tim, rough times

• I feel for him, such a great site too

• edited July 2021

Thanks for this.

PS. The initial link has a Facebook tracking cookie attached - everything from ?&fbclid onwards, as always when copying links from Facebook.

• I really feel for Tim and wish I was in a position to help, but unfortunately my life mirrors Tim’s to some extent. But mirrored with my illness. I wish him all the best

• @craftycurate said:
    Thanks for this.

PS. The initial link has a Facebook tracking cookie attached - everything from ?&fbclid onwards, as always when copying links from Facebook.

Yep, great catch. The direct link is: https://discchord.com/appnews/2021/06/30/discchord-status-update-the-clusterfuckening

• That sucks. I kind of stopped viewing Discchord, but would occasionally go the website. Seems like the separation was immediately after the wedding anniversary. That must have been rough.

• Wow, I've been a computer based musician for well over 20 years. I've never even heard of Discchord. Guess I must have been busier making music than I thought.

• I was also an avid reader of discord in the early days but had moved away from it as I got away from iOS as my primary platform. But I’m always sad to hear about a relationship ending and I did enjoy Tim’s writing a lot. I wish him the best going forward.

• Anybody have an update on Tim? There are those who seem to be concerned that they can't reach him. Hope he's all right.

• I sent him an email recently. Usually he is quick to respond

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Anybody have an update on Tim? There are those who seem to be concerned that they can't reach him. Hope he's all right.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Anybody have an update on Tim? There are those who seem to be concerned that they can't reach him. Hope he's all right.

Ghost for now. I DM’d him on Twitter first week of July with a small work offer and never heard back.

He can be an elusive cat; I hope he is OK.

• I’ve messaged him on a couple of platforms without reply but recently on Facebook, a guy wrote a really nice comment thanking me and Doug Woods and Tim and I think, Haq was the other name… anyway, the guy was thanking us for what we do for iOS music on YouTube and it was really moving to read so I tagged the others in it to make sure they saw it. He did see that and comment on it but he seems to have gone pretty much radio silent.

• oh wow,discchord is down?That‘s sad :(

• @Crabman said:
    oh wow,discchord is down?That‘s sad :(

Yes, I believe it has only just gone down but it’s really sad to see.

• I hope Tim is OK - Discchord was the best iOS music blog IMO. I went there every day to see what was new, and Tim's writing style was nicely acerbic when it was necessary! He's always seemed like a really nice guy, so I was really sorry to hear what's been going on in his personal life. Hopefully after a reset he can rediscover his love for the blog, but if not then I at least hope he pops in somewhere to let us know he's OK.

• Tim does so much for this community. I hope he’s ok.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    I hope Tim is OK - Discchord was the best iOS music blog IMO. I went there every day to see what was new, and Tim's writing style was nicely acerbic when it was necessary! He's always seemed like a really nice guy, so I was really sorry to hear what's been going on in his personal life. Hopefully after a reset he can rediscover his love for the blog, but if not then I at least hope he pops in somewhere to let us know he's OK.

Absolutely +1

• He could be suffering burnout in combination to the system shock of a relationship and housing change but its worth noting doesn't he live in Chicago? Not exactly the ideal vacation getaway. I dont know his paypal address but his patreon is here. https://www.patreon.com/discchord

• edited October 2021

@Cyp3 said:
    He could be suffering burnout in combination to the system shock of a relationship and housing change but its worth noting doesn't he live in Chicago? Not exactly the ideal vacation getaway. I dont know his paypal address but his patreon is here. https://www.patreon.com/discchord

Lives in Downers Grove, a suburb of Chicago. Yes, that really is the name of the place. And is aptly named if you know the realm and the kind of weather that comes through in the winter.

Which is to say as you’ve said, given what one imagines he’s going through: A vacation would be great for him right about now

• I hope he is OK

• Nothing at all yet?

• edited December 2021

Anything new?

• @Lycaan said:
    Anything new?

Sadly, not a sausage.

• I'd like to let you guys know that I finally heard from Tim. He's alive and well, if still tender. Good news for all I'm sure! Express your happiness here, I'm hopeful he'll see it.

• 👍Tim we miss you

• Yay for Tim! You are missed

• That’s great news. Always enjoyed Tim's honest, straightforward, style. Glad to hear he’s ok.

• Great news🔥 keep it up Tim.