Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDIot needs help with HammerHead in AUM

edited July 2021 in App Tips and Tricks

Hello fellow iPad freaks,

I’m having a blast with HH inside AUM and figured out how to route some rozeta apps to modulate parameters. I use CELLS to switch the patterns so you can figure out it’s getting wild over here!

Thanks to a CC list posted in the announcement thread HH I can set the LFO to the CC which has been preset by Bram Bos. However I’m able to set a CC myself in the AUM MIDI setup as well.
Unfortunately the parameter knobs DON’T move when I do this nor I have the idea something is happening. Been reading manual and watchin’ YT but it still doesn’t make sense...

And what is your workflow regarding changing patterns inside HH? Which apps do you use?

Comments

• edited July 2021

Q3: So what does the green button do behind the range?
    Edit: it shows the parameter aside the overview, got it!

• edited July 2021

If I use the MIDI tab inside the AU it seems to respond after fiddling a bit. Man AUM can go deep too. Time for experiment! The parameter knobs now move as well after assigning the CC...

• @Bennie you need to route cells to aum’s “midi control” like this. Then AUM can convert the midi cc to AU parameter automation.

And what is your workflow regarding changing patterns inside HH? Which apps do you use?

I’m using Atom. Also, I’m kind’a ocd and I want to put pattern changes on the beat but The HH doesn’t change until the next beat so I turn off HH’s transport and use the mode where you hold the note for the duration of the pattern. Atom is one of the few sequencers that will get the patterns to change on the beat. Bram’s Cells is another that works well.

• edited July 2021

Thanks for the comments XOR! I’m obviously missing some routing practise and understanding the way this works. Thanks for helping out and giving some new ideas. I love new ideas to try to get the maximum out of these apps.

(Edit: that was the missing link! I forgot to connect them doh!)