Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg ARP Odyssey workout

Every Korg Sale leads me to add another synth app and this time it’s ARP Odyssey. Lot’s of classic synth sounds like Vangelis “Blade Runner” sounds. Lot’s of inspiration for me. I buried most of the presets with extra Delay and Reverb FX apps and layered maybe 6 performances.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/2T9tbYKEJXsvfbiv7

I dedicate this piece of egotism to the new users on the forum that lurk and then set off smoke bombs of opinion. Opinions are easy… sharing music… no matter how little effort you expend is hard. We are all such delicate creatures… or not.

Comments

• Nice! Big fan of the original Bladerunner soundtrack (but which version of the movie, you ask?… all of them, of course).

• @McD Love this!!!! Of course Blade Runner was well…. Both of them I loved!!!! And this brought me right back to them!!!

• @onerez said:
    @McD Love this!!!! Of course Blade Runner was well…. Both of them I loved!!!! And this brought me right back to them!!!

@oat_phipps is responsible for tipping me off to the quality of this synth/gadget. As a gadget it’s called Lexington.

• Nice one, mate. The ARP is a beautiful instrument, but it really shines on able hands like yours 🔥🤘🔥

• @senhorlampada said:
    Nice one, mate. The ARP is a beautiful instrument, but it really shines on able hands like yours 🔥🤘🔥

Thanks, boss.

AN ASIDE: In California, many Filipino Americans fall into the habit of calling caucasians "Boss". It freaks me out because I spent a long career making sure I "rarely" was the boss. It's not a role I enjoy after being a retail manager. I always wonder if there's a hint of contempt in the situation or something else.

I wrestled with few other options for acknowledging respect: amigo, dude, mate, man, and
    my default. "Thanks."

I just had a play with Gadget on my iPhone and all I can say is... "Korg never gets enough respect." Korg is the Behringer of Synth hardware vendors... and now Behringer is the Behringer of cheap synths with an ARP clone.

In my lifetime, Yamaha went from being the cheap instrument maker to the only company to
    rival Steinway for concert quality Grands. Still, a good german piano is a slice of heaven and I love me a cheap "german knockoff" like a Petrof from the Czech Republic.

Same as it ever was... let your ears be the guide. Brands have tiers.

(As you were).

• This is awesome! This has made me jump in and purchase the Lexington. 😁
    Thanks for sharing, @McD

• It is worth mentioning, at least I think it is worth mentioning, that the Korg iOS remakes of the vintage hardware synths are actually all component-modelling tech, although Korg can’t seem to be consistent in what they call it (maybe there are actual differences then?):

Yes, I know what you’re thinking, those are php pages

• edited July 2021

@McD said:

@senhorlampada said:
    Nice one, mate. The ARP is a beautiful instrument, but it really shines on able hands like yours 🔥🤘🔥

Thanks, boss.

AN ASIDE: In California, many Filipino Americans fall into the habit of calling caucasians "Boss". It freaks me out because I spent a long career making sure I "rarely" was the boss. It's not a role I enjoy after being a retail manager. I always wonder if there's a hint of contempt in the situation or something else.

I wrestled with few other options for acknowledging respect: amigo, dude, mate, man, and
    my default. "Thanks."

I just had a play with Gadget on my iPhone and all I can say is... "Korg never gets enough respect." Korg is the Behringer of Synth hardware vendors... and now Behringer is the Behringer of cheap synths with an ARP clone.

In my lifetime, Yamaha went from being the cheap instrument maker to the only company to
    rival Steinway for concert quality Grands. Still, a good german piano is a slice of heaven and I love me a cheap "german knockoff" like a Petrof from the Czech Republic.

Same as it ever was... let your ears be the guide. Brands have tiers.

(As you were).

By the way, it’s not just people from the Philippines, I think it’s a Millennial thing to call adults “Boss”. And by the way, the historical context for using that word is slaves referring to their overseer. Chalk up another irritating hallmark to the younger generation. LOL. I’m not an angry geriatric (really, I’m not!) but I used to work hard at my various jobs because I was grateful to have the work and the paycheck and I regularly put in tons of unpaid overtime so I’d be an asset for my employer.

• @u0421793 said:
    It is worth mentioning, at least I think it is worth mentioning, that the Korg iOS remakes of the vintage hardware synths are actually all component-modelling tech, although Korg can’t seem to be consistent in what they call it (maybe there are actual differences then?):

Yes, I know what you’re thinking, those are php pages

I’m the least capable programmer in the world and have massive respect for those doing the job.