Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song: The Outsider (a cover composed on Korg Gadget)

edited July 2021 in Creations

This is a cover of a song by a band called Mono that was formed in London in 1996. The band consisted of singer Siobhan de Maré and Martin Virgo. The song covered here is the 4th track from Mono’s only album “Formica Blues” which was released in 1997.

In composing the album Martin Virgo was influenced by the work of British composer John Barry whose music for the James Bond series of the 60s and 70s and other movies, such as The Ipcress File from 1965 (starring Michael Caine) directly inspired Mono’s music.

I used to have Mono’s album “Formica Blues” on repeat during my university days back in 97/98. Recently, during a bout of some nostalgia for the old days, I searched up the band and album on Apple Music and was intrigued. How was the “spy-thriller” mood of the music achieved? How was it that this music, which was from 1997, sounded like old Bond or spy movies?

This line of inquiry is what inevitably lead me to the above piece which includes the bass line, chords, 2 of the melodies (and a few other phrases) from the original track and a dulcimer motif from theme of The Ipcress File. Other stuff are my own additions (and the reproduction is from ear so maybe not accurate).

This was entirely composed in Korg Gadget and since I don’t know how to I have not done any mastering.

I hope you like the outcome. :smile:

Comments

• I don't know the original, but I think your cover sounds really good

• So a few things…. If you did this all in Gadget…. 🤯. Your freaking brilliant!!!!!! Also I went and found mono on the Tube and wow…. Thanks for turning me on to some cool music. And you did a fantastic job on this!!!!!

• Real nice. :)

• Sounds really good @spyrogaia! 👍🏼

• Yeah, I didn’t know Gadget was so capable. Well done.

• I like it
    Reminds me of one of my favorite radio stations - Secret Agent on SomaFM

• Good to see another Gadget-head around these parts. :) Great track. Cheers.

• @branis said:
    I don't know the original, but I think your cover sounds really good

Thank you 🙏🏾. I appreciate it.

@onerez said:
    So a few things…. If you did this all in Gadget…. 🤯. Your freaking brilliant!!!!!! Also I went and found mono on the Tube and wow…. Thanks for turning me on to some cool music. And you did a fantastic job on this!!!!!

Yeah, Gadget is pretty good actually if one can work within the limitations. ☺️ And you’re most welcome, glad you found Mono. And thank you, too.

@Pxlhg , @rs2000 , @LinearLineman , @yug ; thank you 🙏🏾

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Good to see another Gadget-head around these parts. :) Great track. Cheers.

Haha! Gadget is great! And thanks! ☺️