Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Limbo" More Gadget Ambient

This piece is another long one. 🤣

So for the past couple of days, I've been fascinated with the idea of liminal space - the idea of being in a place between where you're coming from and where you're going to. The idea behind this piece was to represent that liminal moment in time and space as it were.

This piece could easily fit into the Korg Gadget LE challenge I did about a month ago. All I used were three instances of Dublin, and a fair few IFX. In Cubasis 3, I did a little subtle glue compression with MagicDeathEyeStereo, and I finished off with a bit of magnetic tape degradation in TB Reelbus.

Cheers, and enjoy. :)

Comments

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    So for the past couple of days, I've been fascinated with the idea of liminal space - the idea of being in a place between where you're coming from and where you're going to. The idea behind this piece was to represent that liminal moment in time and space as it were.

Your idea and audio remind me of 2001 Space Odyssey (you should’ve used Lexington! ;))

• edited July 2021

@R_2 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Your idea and audio remind me of 2001 Space Odyssey (you should’ve used Lexington! ;))

If my muse wants me to create another Ambient piece, Lexington will definitely factor into the mix somewhere! I was kinda obsessed with Dublin for this one. :lol:

And yeah, that ending to 2001: A Space Odyssey is f*cking classic and a complete head trip.

Strangely, despite the piece looking like I cobbled it together in 10 minutes (being super f*cking simple-looking), it literally took me a couple of hours to imagine was a liminal space would best sound like. :lol: I thought about limbo, which in a way is a liminal space spiritually speaking. Then I figured "something very subdued, that doesn't really seem to evolve all that much/all that fast, somewhat static".