Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

30 year old jazz track cleaned up using iPad tools

30 years ago, still living at home, I had I had a bedroom recording studio with a Korg O1W keyboard and tascam recorder (8 tracks), mixing down to DAT tapes. I recently found my old tracks and trying to give them new life using the iPad.

Trying to get back into recording music after all these years - using an iPad. Now I have a whole studio in the palm of my hand -- it's just crazy!

Not exactly sure of the year I wrote this, but I did it after going to a Miles Davis concert (less than a year before he died). My trumpet teacher was a friend of Miles, gave us free tickets and backstage access. Magical night. I spent the next few years putting that experience into compositions. Here's one I called SeaStorm for some reason. I'm guessing 1991.

I loaded it in AUM, used LUXE, TB Enhancer, TB Reverb, Stereo Width, RRS Exciter, some other tweakers...

Dav

Comments

• I’m right there with you. It’s hard to believe we have the power of supercomputers in our iPads these days.

• I don't visit this forum as often as I would like, otherwise I would have commented much sooner.
    Not having heard the original, I can't really weigh in on your 'tweaks'.
    Everything ultimately comes down to 2 tracks, and what you presented was very pleasing to my ears.
    I can, however, comment on the music itself, i.e. composition and arrangement. Excellent!
    This could have been a bonus cut from 'Tutu'.

Your backstory is quite interesting in that mine is nearly identical - early 90s, bedroom studio, 01W, 4-track recorder, etc.
    I also took a long hiatus from music and just recently started composing on an iPad.

Regarding that Miles concert - was that in Chicago at Grant Park?
    If so, I was there too. I agree it was a magical night, although somewhat bittersweet considering his failing health.
    But hey... it's Miles Fucking Davis!!!

I hope you post more soon. I look forward to hearing what you come up with.

• Thanks, @Paulieworld. No, we went to one down in Charlotte, NC. It was awesome. As always, Miles was surrounded with incredible musicians.

Glad you liked the 01w stuff, I’ll try to post a few more of them. Wish I still had that keyboard. I sold most of my old gear over the years. Usually regretted selling them but at the time really needed the money. I now have the iM1 and iWAVESTATION Korg apps, and many of the 01w sounds are in them, but I haven’t found the FreshAir patch - that was one of may favorites.

Dav