Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad goes subscription

Comments

• Never used Launchpad. I don't suspect I will bother with it.

• @AmpifyxNovation Are you able to share any info here, please? Do we keep the pro features and soundpacks we have already purchased? Thanks

• @CapnWillie said:
    I wonder what this means for those of us who bought the pro version years ago. I mean, moot as i never really used it but just curious.

I still use the Ampify apps especially Groove Box without a sub. Can buy presets etc. with no issues.

• Never bought packs for it, so doesn't bother me and don't use it. But.

Where does that put groovebox? Bought lots of content there so if that goes sub, hmmmm. I don't use it much anymore to be honest but I had a fair amount spent there.

• @anickt said:

@CapnWillie said:
    I wonder what this means for those of us who bought the pro version years ago. I mean, moot as i never really used it but just curious.

I still use the Ampify apps especially Groove Box without a sub. Can buy presets etc. with no issues.

Oh, maybe this is old news? I thought it was a new update

• @gusgranite said:

@anickt said:

@CapnWillie said:

I’ve seen references to Launchpad Premium for a few months at least. It hasn’t changed anything for me.

• @anickt said:

@gusgranite said:

@anickt said:

@CapnWillie said:

I’ve seen references to Launchpad Premium for a few months at least. It hasn’t changed anything for me.

Good to know!

I am curious what happens to your paid for soundpacks if you do switch to subscription and then happen to cancel at a future date.

• I don't suppose the Launchpad people (Ampify? Novation?) would know if I deleted the Launchpad app from my iPad in a huff.

Then again, if Launchpad is your entertainment? That's cheaper per month than Netflix, I guess. But it definitely feels like a borderline scam.

• LOL. I don’t do rentware.

• I'm one that doesn't dig the Launchpad workflow. But I do like using the packs I have from LP inside Blocs Wave

• @CapnWillie said:

Still says “owned”

• I just wish they’d add the ability to add more squares to the grid and scroll left/right, like you can on launchpad hardware.

• edited July 2021

@gregsmith said:
    I just wish they’d add the ability to add more squares to the grid and scroll left/right, like you can on launchpad hardware.

I think you want remix live then. You cant scroll left to right, but you can play more than 1 sound in a column. Theres also a part sequencer and a one shot section.
    I would be using it more, but theyve been promising LPPmk3 support and midi learn for years now, but ive lost faith they'll deliver. LPPmk2 is supported tho

This kinda sucks too....

• The monthly subscription price appears as £99/month(!) for me, I assume this must be incorrect?

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@gregsmith said:
    I just wish they’d add the ability to add more squares to the grid and scroll left/right, like you can on launchpad hardware.

I think you want remix live then. You cant scroll left to right, but you can play more than 1 sound in a column. Theres also a part sequencer and a one shot section.
    I would be using it more, but theyve been promising LPPmk3 support and midi learn for years now, but ive lost faith they'll deliver. LPPmk2 is supported tho

This kinda sucks too....

I’ve looked at this app a few times. How do you scroll left and right? I couldn’t see how you could add more pads to the grid, but admittedly didn’t spend much time with it.

• You cant scroll, but you can have all 48 clips looping at the same time instead of just 8, which is nice as you can create more layered and longer arrangements.
    Sadly its drawbacks they arent delivering on kinda is a deal breaker.

I perfer it in everyway, but the no launchpad thing kinda sucks.
    I used to use it alot live on a dedicated ipad just a large sample/loop bank

Its free to try and you get that part. It does get a bit pricey if you buy the add ons formwhat it is, but you dont need all of them. Editing is better as you dont have to do the switch to blocswave like ampify.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    You cant scroll, but you can have all 48 clips looping at the same time instead of just 8, which is nice as you can create more layered and longer arrangements.
    Sadly its drawbacks they arent delivering on kinda is a deal breaker.

I perfer it in everyway, but the no launchpad thing kinda sucks.
    I used to use it alot live on a dedicated ipad just a large sample/loop bank

Its free to try and you get that part. It does get a bit pricey if you buy the add ons formwhat it is, but you dont need all of them. Editing is better as you dont have to do the switch to blocswave like ampify.

It does look very good but without the ability to add more squares it won’t do what I want which is to use it to play a whole set.

I did notice there’s more tracks in the timeline view - up to 16. You have to pay for it but maybe that allows for 128 squares??

• edited July 2021

The bottom 8 are for one shots and sequences. The subscription unlocks everything and its free for a week. Its worth a shot if you use launchpad quite a bit.

Overall i found it more flexible and can go for far longer between session reloads than launchpad. The lack of support for midi and controllers is what made me shelve it.

I do break it out every once and a while to test out loops generated in other apps as its faster and more flexible than the 2 app combo from novation (which is also a dealbreaker for me)

• The sub has been available for moths. I bought the pro version few days ago and all works fine. No interest in packs so happy with the pro version over the sub

• Genuinely, actively against renting any kind of software. I imagine that this will be well worth the price and have some super updates on a regular basis but I always think that I would be encouraging devs to go down this route if I sub, so I don't.

• At least subscription thingie is optional and there's a one week trial...
    ...I still have access to everything I've 'purchased'.

The only Ampify app I use on a semi-regular basis is Groovebox bug if it goes to subscription h*ll I'll just skip it and forget about it, I do get that companies need to survive but 'milking customers' by pushing rental sound packs is just crazy.

Revive the Launchkey.app as an AUv3 with fully editable synth engine?
    (They've already done the UI part in the desktop Components.app so...).

Oh well, if the rest face the same sub-h*ll it makes it easier for me to make room for new apps on my iPad & iPhone :)

Cheers!

• @muzka said:
    The sub has been available for moths. …

When will it be available for butterflies?

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    The bottom 8 are for one shots and sequences. The subscription unlocks everything and its free for a week. Its worth a shot if you use launchpad quite a bit.

Overall i found it more flexible and can go for far longer between session reloads than launchpad. The lack of support for midi and controllers is what made me shelve it.

I do break it out every once and a while to test out loops generated in other apps as its faster and more flexible than the 2 app combo from novation (which is also a dealbreaker for me)

Ah yes, subscribed, cancelled within about 20 seconds.

I don’t know why remixlive or launchpad don’t get that if they allowed you to add more rows and columns, you could use it for a full live set.

Oh well, back to waiting for loopy pro hd

• @u0421793 said:

@muzka said:

Fair. Also, it took me more than 5 seconds to get it, which made it a good test of whether I need another coffee. I do.

• lol took me a second to work out what this reply meant :)

@u0421793 said:

@muzka said:

• I must be the only person on this forum who does not care about subscriptions…. LOL.

• I do not understand if at the end of the week I can cancel the subscription or I am forced to make the month and pay ...

• An option might be to get an older iPad- maybe an Air1 or something and have two Launchpads Linked at the same time. You can also use BeatHawk as an AU clip launcher. It works well beside Blocs Wave too.

• edited July 2021

What’s going on with the new Remix Live import in the 6.3? What is the ‘None’ all about? I can’t seem to get rid of it without deleting samples.

• Worth mentioning this is not new, they've been offering Premium subscriptions for a while. If you have an Ampify premium subscription you can use it both on desktop in Ampify Studio and in Launchpad. If you bought soundpacks you keep them. If you bought the 'pro features collection' you keep them. You can still buy sound packs and pro features individually, and you can still import sets from Blocks Wave and build your own with your own loop files.

Honestly I think this makes more sense as a 'bonus feature' for more serious people who want to use the desktop app and get iOS thrown in for free - actually Ampify Studio is really good to put together tracks out of their sound packs and that's where you see the benefit of just having access to everything instead of having to buy single sound packs.

tl;dr: don't panic, you keep everything you bought and you can still buy just what you want.