Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Plasma Goblins (Sound & Visuals)

A visual experiment inspired by the new VS app (imaginando), in a way but here it's not used. All started when I tried to prepare backgrounds for VS but instead ended up with this. Two apps that will complement the earlier mentioned is Vythm and NodeVideo both has audio reactive features. These graphics, however, started by me drawing animations in Looom, which I second stepped in Glitch Studio, and all is based on those. Music is an older never perfected thingy (NanoStudio Project) which served it purpose well in this one.

Comments

• This is really cool! What is this VS app?

• Sweet! I love the hexagons.. reminds me of these exotic planets in No Man’s Sky (my all time favorite PC game)!

• Just bought Looom as well. I might be bugging you with questions about it lol!!

Thanks for the heads up on the other apps too!

• edited July 2021

@Pxlhg said:
    A visual experiment inspired by the new VS app (imaginando), in a way but here it's not used. All started when I tried to prepare backgrounds for VS but instead ended up with this. Two apps that will complement the earlier mentioned is Vythm and NodeVideo both has audio reactive features. These graphics, however, started by me drawing animations in Looom, which I second stepped in Glitch Studio, and all is based on those. Music is an older never perfected thingy (NanoStudio Project) which served it purpose well in this one.

Remember those pulsating blobs they used to project during psychedelic rock concerts? Good times.

• @spyrogaia said:
    This is really cool! What is this VS app?

From the same dev that makes LK and FRMS, and more. Released this one not long ago, here's the link to the ongoing discussion about it.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Just bought Looom as well. I might be bugging you with questions about it lol!!

Thanks for the heads up on the other apps too!

It's pretty well documented and it's fairly easy to learn. You do need a huge portion of patients and determination as with all hand animated stuff. You can draw while the motor is running which pretty cool. I do a temporary layer with just one frame where I draw up some guides I can follow. IF=f you bump in to something, just ask away :)

The NodeVideo app is the opposite though, steep learning curve and a knowledge of Adobe After Effects is extremely helpful. It's very powerful though and I'm just getting in to it. Vythm is a bit expensive but can be very useful to accompany VS.

@NeuM said:
    Remember those pulsating blobs they used to project during psychedelic rock concerts? Good times.

:joy:

• @Pxlhg said:
    Two apps that will complement the earlier mentioned is Vythm

Very cool. Do you mean https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vythm-jr-music-visualizer/id1550581532? It looked interesting but they only mention mp3, m4a and iTunes as audio sources. Is that what you do or do they support more?

Thanks

• Very cool!!!!! I am getting more and more into the visual aspect of things as well…. I really dig the music!!!!!!

• @Pxlhg said:
    From the same dev that makes LK and FRMS, and more. Released this one not long ago, here's the link to the ongoing discussion about it.

Hey thanks!!

• @xor said:

@Pxlhg said:
    Two apps that will complement the earlier mentioned is Vythm

Very cool. Do you mean https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vythm-jr-music-visualizer/id1550581532? It looked interesting but they only mention mp3, m4a and iTunes as audio sources. Is that what you do or do they support more?

Thanks

Yeah, it wants mp3 but that's not necessary an issue as it's just a step on the way. Hopefully it will get better quality graphicly too, it's a fairly new app. :)

@onerez said:
    Very cool!!!!! I am getting more and more into the visual aspect of things as well…. I really dig the music!!!!!!

Thanks man, yeah it seems you're not alone either, considering the interest in VS. Fun! :)