Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ipad like Vst?

is there a way to use iPad like a vst in a DAW?

Comments

• Can you say a bit about what you want to do? Are you hoping to use a synth app in the ipad in the DAW on a pc?

• edited July 2021

No there is not. You can record audio and MIDI out from the iPad if you have an audio/MIDI interface or use USB MIDI (and likewise receive MIDI from the DAW to your iPad in the case of wanting to use an iPad synth to render the MIDI), but you can’t just load instrument or effect track “iPad vst” on your PC and sandbox it. Things aren’t THAT degree of plug and play.

I do believe more apps are in the process of becoming cross-platform, but unfortunately that’s only with a Mac so not much help for your case.

• The answer definitely depends on whether you run your DAW on a PC or a Mac.

• I’ve used aum as a bus in ableton through me ICA4+ , worked great, and that’s on a windows laptop...

• There is Studiomux, but unfortunately it doesn’t work with iOS 14

• There is also Sonobus. Might be an option. https://sonobus.net

• wimwim
    edited July 2021

@branis said:
    There is Studiomux, but unfortunately it doesn’t work with iOS 14

Not even the public beta of the new version? I think it does (but haven't tried it).

• @dav30383 said:
    is there a way to use iPad like a vst in a DAW?

PC or Mac?

• @wim said:

@branis said:
    There is Studiomux, but unfortunately it doesn’t work with iOS 14

Not even the public beta of the new version? I think it does (but haven't tried it).

I wasn’t aware of the beta, thanks for the link. I just downloaded it and it opens, so there is hope :smile: I’ll try it later with my PC

• Studiomux beta is working great with iPadOS 14 and MacOS Big Sur

• Came here to suggest studiomux. Definitely what you’re looking for.

• edited July 2021

Or just run a Bus/Aux out of DAW into the iPad ..open FX apps in standalone..run audio out of iPad into Bus/Aux input. simple and stable.