Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DIGISTIX 2 DROPPED IN STORE TODAY (The best just got even Better)

Comments

• @NeuM Still struggling with melodies, chord changes for a new song. Meanwhile hear my old songs on soundcloud…

• @RajahP : desktop: yes I think about it. because of superior drummer. If half of this quality would appear on ios, I would be happy.

• @Franketti said:
    @RajahP : desktop: yes I think about it. because of superior drummer. If half of this quality would appear on ios, I would be happy.

Is ToonTrack's Superior Drummer that good? I have EZ Drummer 2 and have not used it in ages..

I do think we have top-notch Drum Apps here on iOs.. LumBeats Drums, Hammerhead, DrumLab, DigiStix, SB's DrumComputer.. and more..

Hope this Digistix update drops soon... Just might be my answer for playing back samples in AUM..

• @RajahP I think it is the best, if you want natural sounding drums.

• @Franketti said:
    @RajahP I think it is the best, if you want natural sounding drums.

I’d say Drambo is more flexible, offering more control and options over everything. But it does take a lot more time to set up. Things like choke groups for hihats can be quite daunting. But if you take the time you can build a superb sounding drumkit with an incredible amount of detail. For example, I implemented a module thing to automatically increase the volume of a closed hihat when it chokes an open hat, as it sounds more natural.
    Velocity layers in DigiStix v1 existed but they were sort of hidden and cryptic, looks a lot better now, I think I’m gonna give v2 a spin.

• @tahiche said:

@Franketti said:

I’d say Drambo is more flexible, offering more control and options over everything. But it does take a lot more time to set up. Things like choke groups for hihats can be quite daunting. But if you take the time you can build a superb sounding drumkit with an incredible amount of detail. For example, I implemented a module thing to automatically increase the volume of a closed hihat when it chokes an open hat, as it sounds more natural.
    Velocity layers in DigiStix v1 existed but they were sort of hidden and cryptic, looks a lot better now, I think I’m gonna give v2 a spin.

Would you mind showing me the Drambo project you mentioned? Sounds like a useful trick.

• @Skyblazer said:

@tahiche said:

@Franketti said:

Would you mind showing me the Drambo project you mentioned? Sounds like a useful trick.

The Drambo project is huge and full of samples. I could share it with you want. One of the “issues” I have with Drambo is that I keep making new projects for drum kits and end up pretty lost 😬 that’s why a dedicated drum thing like DigiStix seems easier to maintain…
    Here’s the relevant part for the closed hihat accent. Pretty basic stuff but it works.

• @tahiche said:

@Skyblazer said:

@tahiche said:

@Franketti said:

The Drambo project is huge and full of samples. I could share it with you want. One of the “issues” I have with Drambo is that I keep making new projects for drum kits and end up pretty lost 😬 that’s why a dedicated drum thing like DigiStix seems easier to maintain…
    Here’s the relevant part for the closed hihat accent. Pretty basic stuff but it works.

If you wouldn't mind PMing it to me, I'd love to see the big Drambo project. 😁 I've been wanting to build something similar for myself. I follow the logic of what you did there, but I can tell you've put a lot of work into this.

• The update is live

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    The update is live

Thank you.. been refreshing.. must have went into the store.. 😎

• So I bought this new DigiStix2 thing a week or so ago and haven’t even tried it yet.

My drum needs have been being filled by:

Drambo
    Hammerhead
    FAC Drumkit
    All of the Lumbeat drummers (Rock and Soft my favs)
    Drum Computer
    Slammer
    Ting
    Skaka

But tonight I see DigiStix2 is getting a big update. So I might have to dive in and see what this is all about.

• I have let the developer know about the midi timing issues.

• @gusgranite said:
    I have let the developer know about the midi timing issues.

Hi there could you also please suggest :smile:
    1. a “select” pad mode so we can select a pad for edits without sound playing.
    2. Midi in for each pad , each pad to be triggered by different midi channel.
    Thanks
    Paako

• @Paa89 said:

@gusgranite said:
    I have let the developer know about the midi timing issues.

Hi there could you also please suggest :smile:
    1. a “select” pad mode so we can select a pad for edits without sound playing.
    2. Midi in for each pad , each pad to be triggered by different midi channel.
    Thanks
    Paako

For (2), the pads can be configured to trigger on particular MIDI notes:

No MIDI channel filter though, is that what you were looking for?

• You can drag samples onto the slicer, from Files. Cannot see any other way of getting them in there at the moment.

• Anyone else getting instant crashes when using the new slicer feature when “slice to pads” is pressed ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Anyone else getting instant crashes when using the new slicer feature when “slice to pads” is pressed ?

Tried a quick test in standalone and don’t see that. Do you have a specific set of steps that leads you to the crash?

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Anyone else getting instant crashes when using the new slicer feature when “slice to pads” is pressed ?

Tried a quick test in standalone and don’t see that. Do you have a specific set of steps that leads you to the crash?

All sorted now reinstalled the app and it’s behaving itself cheers.

• A new tutorial from Paul:

• Ok, hands up, I have no idea what to do with the 4 banks. The video and manual both mention the 4 banks but I don’t know what to do with them. I load up a kit and it’s in bank A, the other banks are all empty. In Paul’s video he moves between banks and they all have sounds/samples already there.
    I know this is a simple question and there’s a simple answer and so I shall facepalm now in advance. Ta.

• On long sustaining crashes etc. when the grid moves to the next partern range" it cuts the sound. Even though a request for retrigger has not been made and the lane remains totaly clear.

• @White said:
    A new tutorial from Paul:

Great… will love to see a tutorial with ‘vocal’, melodic samples.. Time stretch, key change… etc.. in DS2..

Thanks..

• @rud said:
    Ok, hands up, I have no idea what to do with the 4 banks. The video and manual both mention the 4 banks but I don’t know what to do with them. I load up a kit and it’s in bank A, the other banks are all empty. In Paul’s video he moves between banks and they all have sounds/samples already there.
    I know this is a simple question and there’s a simple answer and so I shall facepalm now in advance. Ta.

LOL. I’m not laughing to be mean, I just identify with the frustration over opaque and unclear functions hidden in some apps.

• @NeuM said:

@rud said:
    Ok, hands up, I have no idea what to do with the 4 banks. The video and manual both mention the 4 banks but I don’t know what to do with them. I load up a kit and it’s in bank A, the other banks are all empty. In Paul’s video he moves between banks and they all have sounds/samples already there.

LOL. I’m not laughing to be mean, I just identify with the frustration over opaque and unclear functions hidden in some apps.

Each bank has its own pads. One bank is the same as the next. Load samples into pads on each bank and save kit. You’ll have a total possibility of 64+ sounds in a kit with 5 layers per pad. It kinda follows the MPC format.

• @anickt said:

@NeuM said:

@rud said:

Each bank has its own pads. One bank is the same as the next. Load samples into pads on each bank and save kit. You’ll have a total possibility of 64+ sounds in a kit with 5 layers per pad. It kinda follows the MPC format.

Thank you @anickt may I ask one more thing please? Is it possible to load 4 of the built in kits into 4 banks or do I have to load my own samples one at a time? (I’ll have to google MPC).

I have asked a friend to come around so that he can also place his hands on my face so that I can do a quadruple 🤦‍♂️ facepalm.

@NeuM i know... sometimes I find things after using an app for months and I’m pleased to have found it. Then I think ‘doh, how did I not know that...’

• Updated…… again… Ver 1.08
    Thanks.

• @rud said:

@anickt said:

@NeuM said:

@rud said:

Thank you @anickt may I ask one more thing please? Is it possible to load 4 of the built in kits into 4 banks or do I have to load my own samples one at a time? (I’ll have to google MPC).

One at a time but that’s an interesting idea. You should suggest it to Paul. Easiest way to do that is on YouTube.

• Updated v1.09... Introduces Experimental Real-Time Time Stretch..

Digging in..

• @RajahP said:
    Updated v1.09... Introduces Experimental Real-Time Time Stretch..

Digging in..

Just updated to version 1.09.
    Anyone knows where is the the time stretch option?

• @Jeezs said:

@RajahP said:
    Updated v1.09... Introduces Experimental Real-Time Time Stretch..

Digging in..

Just updated to version 1.09.
    Anyone knows where is the the time stretch option?

@Jeezs Use the left and right arrows to the right of pad samples to get to it.